Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know how to get it into Neutral?
And under what circumstances would we need to use it?

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,868 Posts
Anybody know how to get it into Neutral?
And under what circumstances would we need to use it?
It's just N on the knob. You'd need to have you foot on the brake when changing form D or R.

It might be useful for something, but the car puts itself in Park automatically when you get out I think.

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
That knob on RHS, rotating the top away from you toggles between D & B. Rotate it towards you gets N, and hold it like that gets you into R. I've been swapping between D & B while driving, treated the knob like the Hyundai paddles by pulling the top, and have found myself floating along in N ! Useful to polish the brakes & warm/dry them just as I arrive at destination, as N disengages Regen completely.

For Park, I put it in N, my foot's on the brake anyway, then I just press the button on end of that knob, engages the handbrake & the display shows me 'P'.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I'm such a noob.
I didn’t realise the knob had an intermediate position. I just rotated until it stopped which was either D or R. But if you gently rotate it, there are definite bits of resistance and hey presto N is selected.
There are 2 bits of resistance when pushing forward. Passed the first resistance is D then push a bit further it is...??? (anybody know?) We know to get B you have to let go and go forward once more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts