Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this morning that the next step on my reservation "Journey" had lit up, Choose your car and convert to order.

But no more information on the page, no detail of trim levels on the main site and no email on the topic.

Is anyone else seeing this and got any clue on how to choose a car or see how they're packaging the trims in the UK?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I’ve also got the same showing. I too checked this morning after seeing other people in Europe posting progress snapshots.
No other info available to see or choose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Same here too. Perhaps there will be some news next week?

Then again, I don't see how they can expect preople to convert to order without giving a firm price. Unless VW have already hedged the sterling / euro conversion for the 1st editions in some way I wouldn't think they would want to commit to pricing until after the election at the earliest and more likely after 31st Jan.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I’ve also got the same showing. I too checked this morning after seeing other people in Europe posting progress snapshots.
No other info available to see or choose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
or they'll lose ALL the orders to other manufacturers
What would all these people order from other manufacturers and not be in a similar boat?

It’s been said before, but this timeline is exactly what VW have been saying all along. IIRC, when I had my pre-order before I purchased the e-Golf, converting it to a firm order was always next spring, and obviously after the price and final spec was confirmed.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I note that production of ID. 3 starts today (4 Nov) and maybe VW feel more confident to update the (largely useless) page for pre-orders.

I guess that RHD variants will not be first in line on day 1 of production. You would think that will real production started that the glossy brochures, posters, PoS info, manuals, etc. would also be at the release stage. Even in English.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I noticed this morning that the next step on my reservation "Journey" had lit up, Choose your car and convert to order.

But no more information on the page, no detail of trim levels on the main site and no email on the topic.

Is anyone else seeing this and got any clue on how to choose a car or see how they're packaging the trims in the UK?
Hi, yes I got the same info yesterday
Regards Chris

·
Registered
417 Posts

Going on what everyone else is getting I would bet the spec will not be any different to the rest of Europe, the UK Plus trim level will get:

These exclusive highlights await you with the new ID.3 1 ST :
  • 58 kW battery for up to 420 km range according to WLTP²
  • 1 year free electricity * at over 100,000 charging points throughout Europe
  • 2 sec. Faster from 0 to 100 km / h thanks to acceleration upgrade
  • High charging power of 100 kW (DC charging) or 11 kW (AC charging)
  • Play & Pause pedals and other design elements in the interior and exterior of the vehicle
  • heated multifunction steering wheel in leather
  • Heatable front seats
  • Design seats "Art Velor" including comfort package
  • 19 "Alloy Wheels" Andoya "
  • DAB + Radio and App-Connect
  • Navigation system "Discover Pro" incl. "Streaming & Internet"
  • Hello ID. voice control
  • Driver assistance systems
  • 4 exterior colors to choose from, interior in Platinum Gray / Glossy Black
  • Power charging cable
  • Darkened rear and side windows in the back
  • Exterior Style "Silver"
  • Light Package (IQ.Light - LED Matrix Spotlight, LED Backlight, Enhanced Outdoor Lighting)
  • Welcome pack ("keyless advanced", illuminated door handle troughs)
  • Rear view camera "Rear View"
What you will NOT get and cannot spec as an option:
  • 20 "light-alloy wheels" Sanya "
  • Cockpit infotainment incl. Augmented reality head-up display
  • panoramic roof
  • Premium sound system "Beats"
  • Driver assistant "Travel Assist", lane assist "Lane Assist", lane change assistant "Side Assist", "Emergency Assist"
  • Comfort seats with adjustable lumbar support incl. Massage function
  • Heat pump for range optimization
  • Telephone interface "Comfort" with inductive charging function
  • special interior design in Dusty Gray Dark / Glossy Black
The only thing you can choose is the colour of the interior and exterior.

Personally I think VW have dropped the ball, to me a ‘Limited Edition’ car should be something special and desirable, not a dumbed down run of the mill (spec wise) car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts