Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am interested in buying an ID.3 Pro Performance but I am having a hard time getting an estimate on the annual insurance. I'm hoping some of you can help me out. I understand that insurance will vary from person to person but if I could get a rough estimate that would be very helpful! And if it is possible, I would also appreciate it if the price difference for fully comprehensive and third liability is included! I am based in the UK so please only give information regarding UK insurance.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Mine's around £400 for London UB6 with maximum NCB and no points on my licence. It's with VW insurance which beat other quotes by quite a bit. Provided there's no claim the premium won't be increased for 3 years.

·
Registered
436 Posts
The insurance should cost a similar amount to any other comparable ICE car, or maybe a tad dearer. Try harder to get a quote using one of many online sites. With the best will in the world, we don't know your details in order to come up with an exact figure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for your replies! You have been very helpful. I do have one last question, I see a lot of you have fully comprehensive insurance, is third liability extra? And is it worth it?

Thank you again for all your replies!

·
Registered
Zoe ZE50 GTline CCS
893 Posts
Thank you all for your replies! You have been very helpful. I do have one last question, I see a lot of you have fully comprehensive insurance, is third liability extra? And is it worth it?

Thank you again for all your replies!
Third party only insurance is not something to purchase unless you have an old banger worth under say £1k, comprehensive insurance comes with the third party.
If you are considered to be at fault for the accident and don't have Comprehensive, third party insurance won't fix your car nor give you any cash for it.. to get any money for it you would need to cover it for fire and theft as well, just incase one of those happen.
Fully comprehensive means your car will be repaired or you are offered a write off value in cash.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 2 LR, Seat Mii
1,230 Posts
I've heard that third party can be more expensive that fully comp, because of the weird statistical rules that insurance companies apply. The logic goes something like: third party is chosen mostly by young people because they expect it to be cheaper, but because their age group is high risk that means most third party policies have high risk of a claim.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Life Pro Performance, MY22 (software v2.3)
324 Posts
Another vote for LV… way ahead of the rest on gocompare, so switched there for my (still current!) Golf (saved money on that too). Took the VW 5 days free insurance and their annual quote was the thick end of double what LV are charging me!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Another vote for L V max NCD , no points, call out if you run out of power! Very reassuring.cheapest I could find for a 73 year old in a Id3 Pro Performance £265.00 !!
what a car😋very impressed

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.