Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
I too was annoyed about the lack of rear speakers but I honesty cannot be arsed to spend time and more money adding rear speakers to my car. My kids clearly don't miss them and adding non-standard items to a car will no doubt be a weapon VW can use against you for future warranty claims, so for me it's not worth the hassle.

I still only have 500 miles on my two month old car so the speakers still need to bed in a bit but I have found that Spotify for some reason sounds much better than hi-res flac files played through a usb stick, so maybe it's not all about the amount of speakers in the car but your source too.

Registered
The Beats speaker upgrade is the one with the sub and this is not available yet. Beats speakers are hardly top end and with the brand dying out anyway Im not surprised VW have been quiet about this.

I did read that rear speakers apart from those on tech and max are optional, which certainly makes it possible for a retrofit. Should keep loggamatt happy 馃憤

Registered
So, two options. Plug in speakers using this 'Tooks loom' :cool: with Fakra connections at one end, which plug into the back of the media unit. If this works great!! If not (in addition) code in the rear speakers using ODIS.

If ODIS coding is required I would ask VW if they would do this for you rather than some third party. Does seem like a hell of a faff though but I am more than happy for you all to investigate/test this while I sit here sipping tea. :coffee::whistle:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.