Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

81 - 100 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
From reading loggamatt's experience you all need to start the process to reject your cars or email [email protected], probably both, and see how quickly your cars are back on the road.
Had absolutely no response from mailing the executive office over a week ago. I can’t reject my car, as I’ve not even collected it yet. It arrived at the dealers with v2, failed the update, fix didn’t work and replacement module (ordered on the 8th) now over a week passed the initial ETA.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I got sod all from the executive office... if anything did happen to speed up my getting the code (which is still supposition, though admittedly the timing is suspicious!) it was my dealer who made it happen when I threatened to reject. I doubt my email to executive office got further than the 1st line customer support person judging by the copy/paste style response.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I got sod all from the executive office... if anything did happen to speed up my getting the code (which is still supposition, though admittedly the timing is suspicious!) it was my dealer who made it happen when I threatened to reject. I doubt my email to executive office got further than the 1st line customer support person judging by the copy/paste style response.
Interestingly I’ve just had a reply from VW, it wasn’t worth the wait - especially the bit about not owning the vehicle. I guess I can’t own the vehicle until they fix it and I can then collect - that was supposed to happen a month ago.
—-
Dear Mr Wild

I’m very sorry to hear of the issues that you have had with your Volkswagen ID.3

Due to unforeseen circumstances we were not able to repair this vehicle in a time period suitable for yourself.

We also apologise for the delays to the part order and for your disappointment in the customer service experience you have received.

As you don’t own this vehicle, we will not be able to proceed with this case any further. Please get in touch if you have any further questions or concerns.
——

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
19,856 Posts
As you don’t own this vehicle, we will not be able to proceed with this case any further.
Wow. It's like they took a masterclass in how to tell a customer to FRO, without actually saying it.

Do they have your money?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Interestingly I’ve just had a reply from VW, it wasn’t worth the wait - especially the bit about not owning the vehicle. I guess I can’t own the vehicle until they fix it and I can then collect - that was supposed to happen a month ago.
—-
Dear Mr Wild

I’m very sorry to hear of the issues that you have had with your Volkswagen ID.3

Due to unforeseen circumstances we were not able to repair this vehicle in a time period suitable for yourself.

We also apologise for the delays to the part order and for your disappointment in the customer service experience you have received.

As you don’t own this vehicle, we will not be able to proceed with this case any further. Please get in touch if you have any further questions or concerns.
——
Sounds like a good reason to cancel the order then. Float the idea to the dealer, see how they react - doubt it'd make it worse, but might speed things up a bit.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wow. It's like they took a masterclass in how to tell a customer to FRO, without actually saying it.

Do they have your money?
The dealer has a few thousand of my money - just the difference between the planned PX and the new car. I can’t however fault the dealer, their hands are tied until VW get off their arse and give them the support they need

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sounds like a good reason to cancel the order then. Float the idea to the dealer, see how they react - doubt it'd make it worse, but might speed things up a bit.
Been there, done that, made no difference with VW, they really don’t seem to care. The only reason I reinstated the order was because the dealer is doing their best to sort and persuaded me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Been there, done that, made no difference with VW, they really don’t seem to care. The only reason I reinstated the order was because the dealer is doing their best to sort and persuaded me.
well, cancel the order, get your money back and just don't buy a VAG ever again.
worked for me just fine

·
Registered
580 Posts
You won't get a reaction from VW HQ. It's more of a pain in the ass for the dealer though as they now have a broken car on the forecourt with no customer lined up, so might help speed the process along a bit. I'm impressed by your perseverance though - I consider myself to be a pretty patient person but a 4+ week delay because VW shipped a turkey that they're not interested in would need a saintly amount of goodwill (or masterful persuasion) for me to put up with.

·
Registered
132 Posts
VW UK customer service is simply awful, but I keep buying their cars because I love driving them.

VW UK are beyond reproach, but if the dealership cocks up, VW UK are there with a big stick to beat them with - financially (a lot of dealership group discount access is based on customer satisfaction scores).

When my "3 month delivery" new Golf R took 8.5 months to arrive, I pressed hard for some goodwill. All they did was strong arm the supplying dealership to provide me with free lifeshine (that I didn't want) that wouldn't cost the dealership anything but someone's time. Luckily the dealership honoured the fixed price p/x. I found out off the record from my salesman that it had been crashed at Emden and they built me a new one, without prioritising the build - that's the arrogance of VW.

I also asked VW UK to intervene when I had an abysmal and unsafe repair on my MK5 Golf that got clattered by a bus at 2 weeks old - parked up to pick up a takeaway and found my car 12 feet from where I left it. After 4 failed remedial visits (replaced rear quarter panel kept rusting up around the wheel arch) VW UK's response after a damning independent report from the AA about the repair quality for one of their "approved repairers" was to insist I take up a "free valet". Shouldn't need one on what was a 2 week old car, and who'd trust a valet from the team that left oily handprints all over the roof lining and steel shards all over the interior from where they cut in the new rear quarter panel?

I tried to escalate it to VW AG, but they didn't respond even though they allegedly take customer service for the German Market very seriously.

Doesn't matter how helpful your dealership is, if something's beyond their ability to resolve, VW UK are great at leaving them to take the flak.

·
Registered
119 Posts
well, cancel the order, get your money back and just don't buy a VAG ever again.
worked for me just fine
If the part doesn’t arrive tomorrow, or it arrives but doesn’t fix the problem, then I think I will call time. One of the reasons I’ve persevered is there’s a £3K grant tied to the car. If I cancel, it’s lost.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
19,856 Posts
If the part doesn’t arrive tomorrow, or it arrives but doesn’t fix the problem, then I think I will call time. One of the reasons I’ve persevered is there’s a £3K grant tied to the car. If I cancel, it’s lost.
I wouldn't see it like that. Quite a few competitors have dropped their prices now.

So you could get a nice eNiro or Kona. :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
I wouldn't see it like that. Quite a few competitors have dropped their prices now.

So you could get a nice eNiro or Kona. :)
I wanted a car built on a dedicated BEV platform and the ID3 fitted the requirements in terms of size.

If the ID3 doesn’t happen, I’ll probably look at the EV6, but it’s a longer car than I really want

·
Registered
242 Posts
VW UK customer service is simply awful, but I keep buying their cars because I love driving them.

VW UK are beyond reproach, but if the dealership cocks up, VW UK are there with a big stick to beat them with - financially (a lot of dealership group discount access is based on customer satisfaction scores).

When my "3 month delivery" new Golf R took 8.5 months to arrive, I pressed hard for some goodwill. All they did was strong arm the supplying dealership to provide merit free lifeshine (that I didn't want) that wouldn't cost the dealership anything but someone's time. Luckily the dealership honoured the fixed price p/x. I found out off the record from my salesman that it had been crashed at Emden and they built me a new one, without prioritising the build - that's the arrogance of VW.

I also asked VW UK to intervene when I had an abysmal and unsafe repair on my MK5 Golf that got clattered by a bus at 2 weeks old - parked up to pick up a takeaway and found my car 12 feet from whereI left it. After 4 failed remedial visits (replaced rear quarter panel kept rusting up around the wheel arch. VW UK's response after a damping independent report from the AA about the repair quality for one of their "approved repairers" was to insist I take up a "free valet". Shouldn't need one on what was a 2 week old car, and who'd trust a valet from the team that left oily handprints all over the roof lining and steel shards all over the interior from where they cut in the new rear quarter panel?

I tried to escalate it to VW AG, but they didn't respond even though they allegedly take customer service for the German Market very seriously.

Doesn't matter how helpful your dealership is, if something's beyond their ability to resolve, VW UK are great at leaving them to take the flak.
I left VW for Volvo based on my dealership experience across a few different chains.

Volvo are even worse, they told me that they have nothing to do with what the dealership does and its up to me to resolve any problems with the dealership.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I left VW for Volvo based on my dealership experience across a few different chains.

Volvo are even worse, they told me that they have nothing to do with what the dealership does and its up to me to resolve any problems with the dealership.
Had the same Volvo experience - they didn’t care either. Thinking about it, it’s a while since I’ve had a car problem that the manufacturer actually cared about - Volvo, BMW both bad - Mini was quite good, I think the best was probably landriver

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
5,919 Posts
To be honest, whichever brand I’ve purchased from over 3 decades, I’ve unfortunately always suffered rubbish service at some point.

If I’d vowed to never deal with brands again based on that, I’d have very few to choose from now! 😂

My strategy now, that saves my nose and face, is to buy whatever car it is I want, then vow to have as little to do with the dealer as possible.

To be fair, the VW dealer I’ve had my last few cars off is a good one, but I still stay away unless I can’t.

·
Registered
119 Posts
To be honest, whichever brand I’ve purchased from over 3 decades, I’ve unfortunately always suffered rubbish service at some point.

If I’d vowed to never deal with brands again based on that, I’d have very few to choose from now! 😂

My strategy now, that saves my nose and face, is to buy whatever car it is I want, then vow to have as little to do with the dealer as possible.

To be fair, the VW dealer I’ve had my last few cars off is a good one, but I still stay away unless I can’t.
Very true - we would probably all have to move to none European cars.

To be fair, my VW dealer seems good, the problems all seem to be down to lack of manufacturer support. I guess until EV’s become more mainstream and dealers become more knowledgable, the situation isn’t likely to change.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I bought a GTE because I already had a good relationship with my local VW dealership and know that they look after you, rather than deciding that I wanted a VW and looking for a dealership to sell me a GTE. A good dealership trumps brand reputation and head office bullshit every time in my head.

But even then, there are limits...

·
Registered
132 Posts

Trouble is, legally, your supplying dealer is who you make your contract of sale with. If VW UK refuse to sanction a slam-dunk warranty issue, you have to go back to the supplying dealer for resolution as they'll be paying for it out if their own pocket. That's OK (if a little unfair for the dealer not to be supported financially by VW UK) if your supplying dealership is local, but a total PITA if not.

Been bitten by that fairly recently with VW UK weaselling out of sanctioning a clear build fault on a tailgate on our 2018 Polo GTI+. It took a slam to close it, just thought it was normal for a Polo and less well built than a Golf. I discovered at 6 months and 5 days old that the lock keep was set too far back in the boot opening and the tailgate was rubbing on the back bumper edge behind.

Local (not supplying) dealership agreed it was a misbuild and put the claim in for authorisation. VW UK cited a sneaky 6 month door adjustment clause in their "comprehensive 3 year warranty" terms that most people don't know exist (myself included). I was faced with a choice - a 200 Mile trek to the supplying dealership to make them fulfill my consumer rights, or adjust the lock keep myself and live with the minor rubbing that can't be seen with.the tailgate open, and even then only under scrutiny.

I chose the latter. VW UK don't care about their customers or their franchised dealerships.

81 - 100 of 142 Posts