101 - 120 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
ID.4 :-)
181 Posts
I have some ongoing issues with my ID.4 .... the executive office and Customer Services - generally just pay "lip-service" and refer to dealers (who do a far better job). The only way I got any traction last week from the EO was to resort to twitter ! - (Keep it factual, not defamatory, don't be rude, but sarcasm works wonders!)

I think they are well aware if things "stall" and they start to forget me - I'll be back on twitter again !

BTW - I'm not active on twitter / don't actually use it much - but keep an account to "prompt" companies when I feel they are ignoring me ... You'll find it works wonders ... some bad press / comments and they suddenly listen to you !

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Top spec/top battery Nissan Leaf just reduced its price by over £5K, just saying.

That's some profit Nissan must have been making on those cars then!

Biggest issue I'd have with the Leaf is chademo. It's the betamax of charging. When I was looking at ID.3 replacements (as I still might if my ID.3 has another major fault) I thought the Citroen e-C4 looked interesting, but is probably still a bit too overpriced for what you get. Especially considering the discounts available on other French EVs. But give it another 6 months in market so there's greater supply, and hopefully greater discounts, and I reckon that'd be a cracking car with 100kW CCS!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have some ongoing issues with my ID.4 .... the executive office and Customer Services - generally just pay "lip-service" and refer to dealers (who do a far better job). The only way I got any traction last week from the EO was to resort to twitter ! - (Keep it factual, not defamatory, don't be rude, but sarcasm works wonders!)

I think they are well aware if things "stall" and they start to forget me - I'll be back on twitter again !

BTW - I'm not active on twitter / don't actually use it much - but keep an account to "prompt" companies when I feel they are ignoring me ... You'll find it works wonders ... some bad press / comments and they suddenly listen to you !
Thanks for the suggestion, despite working in IT, I’ve never used Twitter, haven’t even got an account, but can obviously create one. Any guidance on how to create my first tweet - pointed at VW, would be greatly appreciated, I’m normally quite good at sarcasm

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion, despite working in IT, I’ve never used Twitter, haven’t even got an account, but can obviously create one. Any guidance on how to create my first tweet - pointed at VW, would be greatly appreciated, I’m normally quite good at sarcasm
I'm the same (work in IT, didn't have a Twitter Account until I "needed" it last year) - an ongoing dispute with a company that had lasted 4+ months (they hadn't honoured their own SLA / repeated missed appointments). 12 hours on twitter and approx 20 tweets - I got a response the same day, and within 10 days the issue was resolved. This would have never been fixed if I hadn't resorted to Twitter.

Companies love to use twitter to boast about new product launches/promotions - but hate "spoilers" and will escalate internally any complaints you post online (they want to shut you down, and will do what they can to pacify you). In the case of VW last week, they were boasting about "Voltswagen" (in the US) and the ID.4 launch. So hey-presto - what did I do ... brought up the issue of my "broken ID.4" and pictures of my "electrical drive fault error messages".

I'm no Twitter expert ... "pictures speak a thousand words" (as the phrase goes), make comments "short and snappy", always "honest and true", nothing defamatory (that could get you into legal hot-water).

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm the same (work in IT, didn't have a Twitter Account until I "needed" it last year) - an ongoing dispute with a company that had lasted 4+ months (they hadn't honoured their own SLA / repeated missed appointments). 12 hours on twitter and approx 20 tweets - I got a response the same day, and within 10 days the issue was resolved. This would have never been fixed if I hadn't resorted to Twitter.

Companies love to use twitter to boast about new product launches/promotions - but hate "spoilers" and will escalate internally any complaints you post online (they want to shut you down, and will do what they can to pacify you). In the case of VW last week, they were boasting about "Voltswagen" (in the US) and the ID.4 launch. So hey-presto - what did I do ... brought up the issue of my "broken ID.4" and pictures of my "electrical drive fault error messages".

I'm no Twitter expert ... "pictures speak a thousand words" (as the phrase goes), make comments "short and snappy", always "honest and true", nothing defamatory (that could get you into legal hot-water).
Managed to get onto Twitter and sent my first every tweet to VW - I replied to their ID3 Easter Egg hunt tweet, by saying that sadly I couldn’t as my car brand new, never driven car, had been stuck at the dealers for a month, rendered un-drivable due to software update problems. Also asked if the lack of support was due to everyone being out egg hunting.

I wonder if I’ll get a faster / more helpful reply than via the executive office - I guess it couldn’t be any worse

·
Registered
78 Posts
So, here's a thing.

I went to the dealer this morning to empty the car of personal stuff and tell them to do what they like with it as I didn't want it back. The CS manager said that they had driven the car into the workshop over the Easter weekend so that it wouldn't be sitting out in the elements. I said DROVE?? He said yes, the car is driving even though the ICAS1 needs to be replaced as it won't take the update. I asked to try the car and see what's not working, so we drove for a while and the only thing that seems to be functioning incorrectly is the one touch electric windows. The windows go up and down, just the one touch function doesn't work.

I asked why the car was sitting there for two and a half weeks if it can be driven. "Coz the ICAS1 needs to be replaced and we can't get one" was the answer. So, I handed him the key to the replacement car and took mine home. He'll give me a call when the ICAS1 module is in the workshop and he can do the update.

Anyone driving a replacement car because of this issue should ask if their car is drivable. I'm delighted to have my Tour back, bit pissed off that I could have had it back over two weeks ago.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Managed to get onto Twitter and sent my first every tweet to VW - I replied to their ID3 Easter Egg hunt tweet, by saying that sadly I couldn’t as my car brand new, never driven car, had been stuck at the dealers for a month, rendered un-drivable due to software update problems. Also asked if the lack of support was due to everyone being out egg hunting.

I wonder if I’ll get a faster / more helpful reply than via the executive office - I guess it couldn’t be any worse
They might send you a half price Easter egg from the leftovers at Asda! :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
So, here's a thing.

I went to the dealer this morning to empty the car of personal stuff and tell them to do what they like with it as I didn't want it back. The CS manager said that they had driven the car into the workshop over the Easter weekend so that it wouldn't be sitting out in the elements. I said DROVE?? He said yes, the car is driving even though the ICAS1 needs to be replaced as it won't take the update. I asked to try the car and see what's not working, so we drove for a while and the only thing that seems to be functioning incorrectly is the one touch electric windows. The windows go up and down, just the one touch function doesn't work.

I asked why the car was sitting there for two and a half weeks if it can be driven. "Coz the ICAS1 needs to be replaced and we can't get one" was the answer. So, I handed him the key to the replacement car and took mine home. He'll give me a call when the ICAS1 module is in the workshop and he can do the update.

Anyone driving a replacement car because of this issue should ask if their car is drivable. I'm delighted to have my Tour back, bit pissed off that I could have had it back over two weeks ago.
Wise words to your kids..."stick in at school son, or you'll end up working in a VW garage".

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well, after the module, required to fix the update problem, being ordered on the 8th Match, it’s still not arrived.

Ordered on the 8th
Promised for the 31st
Cancelled by VW, pending attempted fix
Fix didn’t work
Order reinstated by VW
Promised for yesterday (7th)
Didn’t arrive

I’ve tweeted my experience to VW UK - quite enjoying Twitter, VW seem to respond amazingly fast - about 1hr instead of the 3 days plus for the executive office or UK support.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well, after the module, required to fix the update problem, being ordered on the 8th Match, it’s still not arrived.

Ordered on the 8th
Promised for the 31st
Cancelled by VW, pending attempted fix
Fix didn’t work
Order reinstated by VW
Promised for yesterday (7th)
Didn’t arrive

I’ve tweeted my experience to VW UK - quite enjoying Twitter, VW seem to respond amazingly fast - about 1hr instead of the 3 days plus for the executive office or UK support.
That sounds like my experience of twitter - it gets a response within hours and not days ...

Companies clearly want to "milk" the benefits of twitter ... boasting about product launches etc ...

but not many customers (like yourself, and myself) use it to "batter them with issues" ... carry on, I'm sure they'll listen to you ... if only to "get you off their case" ;-) lol

·
Registered
119 Posts
But what has been the result of your tweets?
Well to start with - real dialogue rather than meaningless cut and paste.

They have now asked for various pieces of info and are going to investigate, I’ll obviously keep you updated.

To ensure this doesn’t slip, I’ve decided to action a new daily tweet - I’m calling it XX days and counting. XX is currently 31, each day I’ll provide an update with progress / lack of progress. I may even run a book to see who gets closest to the final X

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well to start with - real dialogue rather than meaningless cut and paste.

They have now asked for various pieces of info and are going to investigate, I’ll obviously keep you updated.

To ensure this doesn’t slip, I’ve decided to action a new daily tweet - I’m calling it XX days and counting. XX is currently 31, each day I’ll provide an update with progress / lack of progress. I may even run a book to see who gets closest to the final X
Like your approach ... I've done similar in the past with a previous issue (different company) did a count-down of their in-action and failed call-backs etc ... turned it into a sort-of-sport ... they clearly hated it ... the head of digital marketing contacted me by phone - I then pointed out to him - how did he get my number - a breach of GDPR (between departments) he then hung up the call !

May be we need to be on twitter together - entering into "banter" about how VW CS / Exec Office are? and how their ID range has issues? ...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine has been initially told that a 3 week wait for my car to be looked at by a dealer - suddenly turned into "next day" !
In this scenario and/or if it happens again, the easiest thing to do would be to call Skoda assist. An AA or VAG technician will attend, mostly likely AA, then have it recovered to nearest dealer, and have a courtesy car provided for first 48 hours, then if they can’t fix it they’d have to supply courtesy car, or Mobex supplied vehicle to replace the hire car.

·
Registered
119 Posts
In this scenario and/or if it happens again, the easiest thing to do would be to call Skoda assist. An AA or VAG technician will attend, mostly likely AA, then have it recovered to nearest dealer, and have a courtesy car provided for first 48 hours, then if they can’t fix it they’d have to supply courtesy car, or Mobex supplied vehicle to replace the hire car.
I’d love to be in a position to break down and call the AA - I’ve not even managed to take delivery yet, it’s now a month since I was due to collect abs the car is still un-drivable

101 - 120 of 142 Posts