Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

121 - 140 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Like your approach ... I've done similar in the past with a previous issue (different company) did a count-down of their in-action and failed call-backs etc ... turned it into a sort-of-sport ... they clearly hated it ... the head of digital marketing contacted me by phone - I then pointed out to him - how did he get my number - a breach of GDPR (between departments) he then hung up the call !

May be we need to be on twitter together - entering into "banter" about how VW CS / Exec Office are? and how their ID range has issues? ...
I do like the idea of some sport / banter - it will make me feel much better, regardless of outcome. I do hope the head of digital marketing calls - that could be really interesting, I could provide him a schedule of my upcoming tweets and give him a few sleepless nights. I recon I’ve probably got enough info for at least 20 new topics, in addition to my daily iodates

·
Registered
ID.4 :-)
181 Posts
In this scenario and/or if it happens again, the easiest thing to do would be to call Skoda assist. An AA or VAG technician will attend, mostly likely AA, then have it recovered to nearest dealer, and have a courtesy car provided for first 48 hours, then if they can’t fix it they’d have to supply courtesy car, or Mobex supplied vehicle to replace the hire car.
Yes thats the "official" way/thing that should have happened - but in summary

• Faults appeared, contacted VW CS - promised calls back (not received), called dealers
  • AA turn up can't diagnose the fault codes because they don't have ID.4 diags
  • Fault had gone (but I had pictures), AA wouldn't recover it, because of no faults/lights showing
  • Mobile VAG tech contacted, he didn't have ID.4 Diags so couldn't help
  • AA wrote out sheet, wouldn't recover car due to above
  • Dealer has 3 weeks wait to see my car, as VW CS say it's a "drive in warrantee issue"

After chasing CS/Exec office they plan for a recovery
  • Attempted scheduled recovery via Exec office (after vartious calls, chasing), they were specifically told, I need a large replacement vehicle due to my work, they agree, and apparently advise Mobex
  • Repeated above to Mobex, they agree, also concerned about weight of ID.4 for recovery (it's 2.6t in weight!)
  • Enterprise call me, they are giving me a car, too small
  • Back in a circle to Exec office, Mobex - both saying enterprise will sort it
  • back to enterprise they are bringing an estate the next day
  • Next day they turn up with a saloon, I reject the car as I won't get equipment in the car
  • Cancel recovery, go to work in my ID.4
  • Complain to Exec office asking them to sort this all out (and not me wasting my time)
  • Nothing from exec office
  • Resort to Twitter
  • Later that day, I'm told I can take my car to dealer to have codes Diagnosed !

This week
  • It's also / now had to go in to have misc items / things done ...
  • This apt arranged for next day, loan car provided
  • Assured that they will swap for larger car, if/when I need it, if my ID.4 isn't returned
  • not needed to resort to twitter yet

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yes thats the "official" way/thing that should have happened - but in summary

• Faults appeared, contacted VW CS - promised calls back (not received), called dealers
  • AA turn up can't diagnose the fault codes because they don't have ID.4 diags
  • Fault had gone (but I had pictures), AA wouldn't recover it, because of no faults/lights showing
  • Mobile VAG tech contacted, he didn't have ID.4 Diags so couldn't help
  • AA wrote out sheet, wouldn't recover car due to above
  • Dealer has 3 weeks wait to see my car, as VW CS say it's a "drive in warrantee issue"

After chasing CS/Exec office they plan for a recovery
  • Attempted scheduled recovery via Exec office (after vartious calls, chasing), they were specifically told, I need a large replacement vehicle due to my work, they agree, and apparently advise Mobex
  • Repeated above to Mobex, they agree, also concerned about weight of ID.4 for recovery (it's 2.6t in weight!)
  • Enterprise call me, they are giving me a car, too small
  • Back in a circle to Exec office, Mobex - both saying enterprise will sort it
  • back to enterprise they are bringing an estate the next day
  • Next day they turn up with a saloon, I reject the car as I won't get equipment in the car
  • Cancel recovery, go to work in my ID.4
  • Complain to Exec office asking them to sort this all out (and not me wasting my time)
  • Nothing from exec office
  • Resort to Twitter
  • Later that day, I'm told I can take my car to dealer to have codes Diagnosed !

This week
  • It's also / now had to go in to have misc items / things done ...
  • This apt arranged for next day, loan car provided
  • Assured that they will swap for larger car, if/when I need it, if my ID.4 isn't returned
  • not needed to resort to twitter yet
It’s a real indictment of VW, that you need to resort to social media to get any sensible action.

Since logging my original call with customer services (weeks ago), I’ve had one interaction - I called them.

Since escalating to the executive office (a week ago), I’ve had one cut and paste email - no further response to the follow up I sent 2 days ago

Since tweeting yesterday afternoon, I’ve had 3 tweeted responses and 2 direct messages + a clear agreed escalation. I think it speaks for itself which method seems to work

They are aware I’ll be tweeting daily updates / lack of and they have assured me they will monitor things.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It appears my magic code has arrived and been applied and my car has now been updated to 2.1 two and a bit weeks after dropping it off! I should get it back this afternoon.......however, the wingmirrors are now not folding in and out so they are going to re-try a bit of the software to fix that so watch this space!

·
Registered
ID.4 :-)
181 Posts
It’s a real indictment of VW, that you need to resort to social media to get any sensible action.

Since logging my original call with customer services (weeks ago), I’ve had one interaction - I called them.

Since escalating to the executive office (a week ago), I’ve had one cut and paste email - no further response to the follow up I sent 2 days ago

Since tweeting yesterday afternoon, I’ve had 3 tweeted responses and 2 direct messages + a clear agreed escalation. I think it speaks for itself which method seems to work

They are aware I’ll be tweeting daily updates / lack of and they have assured me they will monitor things.
I just find it disappointing (both with VW CS/Exec office) and other companies I've had to deal with - they don't even adhere to their own SLA's or call-back when they state they will. Fortunately the dealer who has my car has been far better in this regard.

I take the approach, I give them a couple of chances ... (to hang-themselves) and when they don't deliver - I warn them what I'm poised to do ... and then next step - go in "all guns blazing" ... at that point, they can't say I didn't give them a chance?

Your experience pretty much mirrors mine ... ("go through the standard channels/route" and not much happens, "explode on twitter" - and you get a response) pretty sad that we have to take to these measures under the circumstances.

·
Registered
EGolf
77 Posts
I have had lots of success recently tagging suppliers on Twitter, the response is immediate! Not car related but the current one is my mother in laws energy supplier not giving her the rates they advertise. Going round in circles on the phone, hit them with a Tweet and boom!

·
Premium Member
11,397 Posts
That's some profit Nissan must have been making on those cars then!
I suspect margins will be reduced so be interesting to see what actual difference it makes to cash prices on CarWow and lease rates. That said, there is always higher margins on higher spec cars, which is why (for example) VW don't want ID3 sales to impact Golf GTI and R sales.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Interestingly after my various tweets - the elusive part has just been delivered to my dealer - they are going t fit and then re-try the update

I’m wondering what other parts may be needed - I’m sure there will be something - after all, it’s only been 31 days so far, can’t possibly be fixed so quickly

·
Registered
90 Posts
Interestingly after my various tweets - the elusive part has just been delivered to my dealer - they are going t fit and then re-try the update

I’m wondering what other parts may be needed - I’m sure there will be something - after all, it’s only been 31 days so far, can’t possibly be fixed so quickly
How long after your tweet did you get a reply? I posted one last night after the news there was more issues.

·
Registered
119 Posts
How long after your tweet did you get a reply? I posted one last night after the news there was more issues.
After my first tweet - a couple of hours. After subsequent tweets, much quicker, some less than 10 minutes.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
5,919 Posts
Hell. Mine is going in next Tuesday for the first attempt at the 2.1 upgrade. I hope this kind of saga isn't waiting for me.
The chances are it will go absolutely fine.

There was a post recently from a Norwegian dealer tech, said they’ve done 80+ with zero issues.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The update thing all seems odd - some cars seem to sail through, whilst others fail multiple times. I’ve been reading a thread on another forum about a guy who’s car has now been at the dealers, following problems with a V2.0 update for 3.5 months. Sounds like it’s had numerous parts changed, but it’s still not fixed. I have to question why VW are allowing things to go on so long - just give the guy a new car.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
5,919 Posts
The update thing all seems odd - some cars seem to sail through, whilst others fail multiple times. I’ve been reading a thread on another forum about a guy who’s car has now been at the dealers, following problems with a V2.0 update for 3.5 months. Sounds like it’s had numerous parts changed, but it’s still not fixed. I have to question why VW are allowing things to go on so long - just give the guy a new car.
It is weird, but then we have aircraft on our fleet that are the same, some seem to just work and then we have the problem children.

I’m still questioning the competence of some of the dealers though, for which I also blame VW UK, but yes I’d agree that if they can’t fix them then sort a new car out for the customer.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,556 Posts
Unless all the hardware modules are all made by the same manufacturers and tightly controlled then I'd think there will be enough variance to have a Friday afternoon car that's just impossible to make behave. One module with slightly different firmware could make a right old mess if it doesn't behave identically to how it is expected to behave.

How common is canbus interference and does that upset modules much? I ask as Hoovies Garage had some bother with one car and it was caused by another module entirely rabbiting on the canbus when it shouldn't have been.

121 - 140 of 142 Posts