1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
EGGY
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
651 Posts
At 40000 Euros, which will probably translate to just under 40K Pounds before PICG I'm out.
Reminder - This is the "middle" range version, with 2000kWh free charging.
However, since the "low" range version probably won't make an appearance until 2021, I'm out too.

·
Registered
355 Posts
This from the article:

"All ID.3 1ST are equipped with 58 kWh powerful batteries, which allow up to 420km of range (expected after WLTP). The 1,000 Euro reservation fee is offset against the purchase price of the car – just under 40,000 euros."

Just under 40K for the long range, fair enough, not for the mid range thank you very much.

·
Registered
443 Posts
€40k euros for the midrange rear wheel drive launch version...So how's that pricing going to scale for the performance 4wd they've promised I wonder?

Anyway, that announcement's just given some of us a helping hand into the Model 3.

·
Registered
395 Posts

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
How many of those who have reserved will actually go through with the order? There are plenty of comments on here from those who have reserved one but are very unlikely to actually buy the first edition as it won't be the spec they want.
If VW have only taken 30000 orders they are going to have quite a few left to sell after the actual orders are confirmed.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I wonder when the pool of people keen enough to go full BEV and pay RRP will run out, and BEV purchases will become a buyers market with the haggling that brings. I know I wouldn't be in my GTE if it wasn't for the great deals they had back in late 2017, and I baulk at paying retail for anything unless I absolutely have to.
I'm less than 18 months into the 5 year factory warranty, so I can afford to play the longer game and see how this all plays out.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I'm not sure if it's news generally, but it was to me - it's not going to be available for nearly another year, and that's probably LHD: "Production of the ID.3 is due to start as planned at the end of 2019. The first vehicles are due to arrive by mid-2020"

1 - 20 of 132 Posts