Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

101 - 120 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I must say, I really like what I am seeing and if the tech (battery management) and the range are strong and it drives well. I will probably buy the middle range one.

I do want to drive it first before I decide.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Looking at the ID3 it isnt wildly exciting, but doesn't need to be. It just has to be a good reliable sensibly priced family car that happens to be electric. I think they have likely nailed it, if the priced from €30000 is correct. Mind you looking on VWs website there are a lot of items going to be on the options list.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It reminds me of the Nissan Leaf. I think it's a similar profile. I guess VW and Nissan's wind tunnels produced similar results. I think the ID. Crozz will be a more attractive offering. The thickness of the battery back, particularly when compared to the Model 3's, has resulted in VW tilting the rear seats backwards to get a a more comfortable knee position. From what we know about the E Golf I'm sure efficiency and range will be up there with the Kona.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I like it, but prefer the dark/black interior. Now, sadly it looks like more waiting for the price.

I just realised that VW can't allow themselves to announce any exact prices for the standard range of ID.3s as that will certainly "kill" any 1st Edition sales. So, chances are there will not be confirmed pricing for the 1st Ed before the new year, with pricing for the standard range coming in after almost all 1st Editions have been delivered....so June/July 2020?

·
Registered
443 Posts
It reminds me of the Nissan Leaf. I think it's a similar profile. I guess VW and Nissan's wind tunnels produced similar results. I think the ID. Crozz will be a more attractive offering. The thickness of the battery back, particularly when compared to the Model 3's, has resulted in VW tilting the rear seats backwards to get a a more comfortable knee position. From what we know about the E Golf I'm sure efficiency and range will be up there with the Kona.
No ID crozz in the UK if I recall. I'm bit disappointed with the website and launch. The car looks cheap and bland. Also there seem to be charges for lane assist and rear speakers. Hopeless.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I read optional rear speakers and couldn't understand that but my wife commented they are trying to copy the i3 and I don't think that has speakers in the rear as standard.

I think the price has be out before the demonstrators are in the showrooms. They must be planning to carry on production after all the 1st editions are made so they will need to be taking orders by next spring.

·
Registered
220 Posts
If I'm reading the Volkswagen UK website correctly it only has adaptive cruise control and lane departure warning even on the top spec, no lane keeping assist - that can't be right surely?

·
Registered
64 Posts
This from Fleet news.
The basic version of the ID.3 (1st) includes a satnav, DAB, seat heating and steering wheel heating, armrests at the front, a Mode-2 charging cable and 18-inch alloy wheels.

The ID.3 1st Plus additionally features a rear view camera system, Adaptive Cruise Control and the keyless locking and starting system. It also has 19-inch wheels, LED matric headlights and tinted windows.

Range-topping ID.3 1st Max includes an augmented reality head-up display, Beats sound system, panorama sliding/tilting glass roof and 20-inch wheels. It also has a lane keeping system with Emergency Assist, a lane change system, wireless phone charging and comfort seats.

UK to get 1st plus?.I was hoping for the HUD.

·
Premium Member
10,421 Posts
UK to get 1st plus?.I was hoping for the HUD
We have known since pre ordering opened that the 1st Edition for UK was one spec and no HUD or panoramic roof. It isn't new news.

UK volume (RHD) for 1st Edition is low and I suspect they didn't want to make small numbers of different versions - several colours already makes just a few hundred of each. Plus would have been over £40K, subject to Luxury tax so less popular.

We also know the UK 1st Edition is mid battery version, so 200HP. But they will limit performance to avoid hurting GTI and R sales. They have said top speed 99MPH and I expect acceleration to 62MPH with be 7.x seconds. Probably no faster than 7.5.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’m personally happy with the spec apart from one glaring omission, (although rear speakers as an option is a bit cheeky).
Lane keeping assist! This is surely just an omission in the spec release? No other EV, new to the market hasn’t had some form of ‘Co-pilot’ that I know of.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I was quite disappointed in the presentation and reveal last night. Based on comments in the 8 May presentation I was not expecting UK prices until after Christmas. However, I was expecting comment on self driving. On 8 May, the VW presenter said that all ID.3s would be fully equipped for self driving so that it was available when software was complete - due 2025 I think - and regulators permitted it. Comment last night on self driving was conspicuous by its absence. Yes, I know not everyone wants self driving capability but for the launch of a techie car, I think it interesting. No comment on keeping to the lane etc. I wonder why?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Not according to VW ...
I think the second comment relates to the UK version, and is on the UK webpage.

This suggests that the pan roof and other items may be available as options.

Very disappointed they did not have a car on show in each of the four available colours, our preference is for the Manganese Grey.

Based on the current info we need, as a mimimum...

1st PLUS, Manganese Grey, black/grey interior, comfort seats, rear speakers, 20" wheels, WELL UNDER £40K BEFORE PICG! 😎

What are the chances! 😉

·
Registered
220 Posts
I’m personally happy with the spec apart from one glaring omission, (although rear speakers as an option is a bit cheeky).
Lane keeping assist! This is surely just an omission in the spec release? No other EV, new to the market hasn’t had some form of ‘Co-pilot’ that I know of.
Does seem strange that press reports say it has lane keeping but there's no mention of that on the VW UK website... I can't believe you can't at least specify it as an option.

The VW UK website specifically says the HUD display isn't available on the 1st but doesn't say that about the panoramic sunroof, yet both of those are supposed to be features of the Max which we aren't getting...

I think the lesson here is we will just have to wait until the proper full spec sheets are available to be sure! For instance, I want memory front seats but I have no idea at this point if that's on the 1st or whether I'll have to wait for series production.

·
Premium Member
10,421 Posts
I think the second comment relates to the UK version, and is on the UK webpage.

This suggests that the pan roof and other items may be available as options.

Very disappointed they did not have a car on show in each of the four available colours, our preference is for the Manganese Grey.

Based on the current info we need, as a mimimum...

1st PLUS, Manganese Grey, black/grey interior, comfort seats, rear speakers, 20" wheels, WELL UNDER £40K BEFORE PICG! 😎

What are the chances! 😉
Close to zero. I am 90% sure that other than colour there are no options on UK 1st Edition. To get options I am fairly sure you will need to wait until Spring 2020 when general ordering opens.

·
Registered
505 Posts
This from Fleet news.
The basic version of the ID.3 (1st) includes a satnav, DAB, seat heating and steering wheel heating, armrests at the front, a Mode-2 charging cable and 18-inch alloy wheels.

The ID.3 1st Plus additionally features a rear view camera system, Adaptive Cruise Control and the keyless locking and starting system. It also has 19-inch wheels, LED matric headlights and tinted windows.

Range-topping ID.3 1st Max includes an augmented reality head-up display, Beats sound system, panorama sliding/tilting glass roof and 20-inch wheels. It also has a lane keeping system with Emergency Assist, a lane change system, wireless phone charging and comfort seats.

UK to get 1st plus?.I was hoping for the HUD.
Seems really perverse factory fitting a relatively expensive SatNav to a car that presumably has Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as standard which can run any number of free or paid nav apps from a smart phone to the big screen.
Good opportunity to drop the crapnav and spend the money on something more useful imho

101 - 120 of 132 Posts