Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Does seem strange that press reports say it has lane keeping but there's no mention of that on the VW UK website... I can't believe you can't at least specify it as an option.

The VW UK website specifically says the HUD display isn't available on the 1st but doesn't say that about the panoramic sunroof, yet both of those are supposed to be features of the Max which we aren't getting...

I think the lesson here is we will just have to wait until the proper full spec sheets are available to be sure! For instance, I want memory front seats but I have no idea at this point if that's on the 1st or whether I'll have to wait for series production.
The Golf and pretty much every other VW has lane assist as an option, so it's hard to believe the ID.3 won't have it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just took a look at the ID3 page on VW UK. Lane assist is there. Click on "Driver Assistance" about halfway down the page
This is what it says at that link:
On monotonous journeys, risky situations can arise. That's where the optional ‘Lane Assist’ system comes in: At speeds of 40 mph and over, it can detect whether the vehicle has unintentionally left its lane.¹ With corrective power steering, it can draw your attention back to what’s happening on the road.¹

That's lane departure warning, not lane keeping assistance, unless I'm misunderstanding?

·
Registered
665 Posts
This is what it says at that link:
On monotonous journeys, risky situations can arise. That's where the optional ‘Lane Assist’ system comes in: At speeds of 40 mph and over, it can detect whether the vehicle has unintentionally left its lane.¹ With corrective power steering, it can draw your attention back to what’s happening on the road.¹

That's lane departure warning, not lane keeping assistance, unless I'm misunderstanding?
I thought "departure warning" just beeped at you? This mentions "corrective power steering".

·
Registered
295 Posts
Close to zero. I am 90% sure that other than colour there are no options on UK 1st Edition. To get options I am fairly sure you will need to wait until Spring 2020 when general ordering opens.
Pretty sure there WILL be options!

No point in mentioning some of the stuff on the UK website otherwise!

121 - 132 of 132 Posts