Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1381 - 1400 of 1425 Posts

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,780 Posts
You're making the decision to turn it off on the move, surely that makes you the cause of the increased danger and not the car?
If it wasn't buried in a menu I wouldn't be making that decision. If there was a button I would get in the habit of turning it off when I started the car, I did in the Niro.

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,553 Posts
Devil’s advocate though - if it is so vital, how come it can be turned off at all? Why isn’t like say, ABS?
The end of the day, we are at the mercy of Volkswagen designers and the European safety standards.

it can be turned off with two or three touches of the screen, so it’s not a massive problem. I must admit that although the behaviour has improved since the 2.1 update, there are times on narrow roads where it is very irritating.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st (0783)
235 Posts
Hopefully once OTA updates are really a thing we can get expanded options on these sorts of things. Defaults for different drivers would be nice.

I like lane assist, but even with the improvements from 1.0-2.0 it's still a little bit too much for me (though not enough to turn it off). The eGolf had it just the right amount IMO, it'd be nice to have a sensitivity slider and maybe a choice to just have a visual warning and not a beep.

·
Registered
276 Posts
0564 to 0792 is so far quite an enjoyable change!
No rogue behaviours 2 days in, with a long drive yesterday, regen seems punchier and nice to have Apple CarPlay.
Hopefully my trust in the car just keeps building. If so we will likely buy out our PCP in the next month or two.

·
EGGY
1,497 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Do you notice that across all driving modes ? Any difference in steering weight between modes ?
I’ve only used Eco and Comfort and not played with steering!
To me and my wife, 2.1 seems to have definitely more B regen in those modes, which is nice. Not sure if others have said that or even agree...

·
EGGY
1,497 Posts
I look forward to that, previous car was an i3 where the region is harder (as is the alternative car in the household), we both prefer a stronger region setting

Thanks

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Tour on software version 2.1
18 Posts
I’ve only used Eco and Comfort and not played with steering!
To me and my wife, 2.1 seems to have definitely more B regen in those modes, which is nice. Not sure if others have said that or even agree...
I've only had my Tour for a week - picked it up with 2.1 already on it - and I agree that the B mode has plenty of regen on it, certainly in "comfort" mode (haven't tried others with B). Driving in stop-start traffic, there's little need for use of the brake pedal when in that mode.

·
Registered
55 Posts
My car has gone in for the 2.1 update. Hopefully no issues. They have it for a couple of days. Got a T Cross - must admit - I know the ID3 is a heavy car but this feels very heavy, quite sluggish. While at the Dealership they indicated the car had another recall - "floor coverings"??? I asked him what that was about and he said he wasn't sure but they would deal with it.... Anyone any ideas????

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
242 Posts
While at the Dealership they indicated the car had another recall - "floor coverings"??? I asked him what that was about and he said he wasn't sure but they would deal with it.... Anyone any ideas????
They check to see if the carpet around the throttle mechanism needs a trim.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Car being delived on Tues, already had 2.1 installed so I'm good to go and will be ignorant of the previous issues (thankfully).

However, having had a number of hire cars with lane keep assit I'm not looking forward to this option on the car. Just reading the user manual and it states:

Depending on country, the lane keeping system is always switched on when the ignition is switched on.

Has anyone tried to change their country and found it NOT auto turned on?

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,556 Posts
Great idea!
Not sure about my ability to use the car if all the screens are in Chinese, though!

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
5,919 Posts
Great idea!
Not sure about my ability to use the car if all the screens are in Chinese, though!
Come on, stop being a blocker.

It’s far quicker to learn Mandarin than to turn it off?

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,553 Posts
Car being delived on Tues, already had 2.1 installed so I'm good to go and will be ignorant of the previous issues (thankfully).

However, having had a number of hire cars with lane keep assit I'm not looking forward to this option on the car. Just reading the user manual and it states:

Depending on country, the lane keeping system is always switched on when the ignition is switched on.

Has anyone tried to change their country and found it NOT auto turned on?
It's 2-3 touches of the screen to turn it off. It's fine on dual carriageways anyway.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Come on, stop being a blocker.

It’s far quicker to learn Mandarin than to turn it off?
Lane assist seems to be one of the things that actually works quite well on mine with V2. Perhaps VW could create a voice command to turn it on and off, but I suspect that would be against the NCAP rules - anyway, based on my experience of voice commands, the touch screen or even learning mandarin would be easier and quicker

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Right, mine is booked into Beadles Sevenoaks on 13th May... the Bromley branch isn't accepting bookings at all as apparently they only have two techs and they are fully booked?!

Doesn't sound encouraging but at least there was no fight for a courtesy car!

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
5,919 Posts
Lane assist seems to be one of the things that actually works quite well on mine with V2. Perhaps VW could create a voice command to turn it on and off, but I suspect that would be against the NCAP rules - anyway, based on my experience of voice commands, the touch screen or even learning mandarin would be easier and quicker
Yes, I’ve no complaints about lane assist, it does what it says on the tin and is improved in 2.1 of the software in my opinion.

1381 - 1400 of 1425 Posts