Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1521 - 1540 of 1634 Posts

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,294 Posts
Just had a look on the app and they’ve left the car charging all night to 100%. GOM’s got a bit confused and is suggesting 153 miles of range.
The car has been sitting there during the update using plenty of power, so it’s not confused, just basing the predicted range on the recent higher energy consumption.

As ever, it’s pretty meaningless until you start driving it again.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Well after saying that my 2.0>2.1 update went well. The dealership called yesterday and they need it back for under a day, as VW had told them that there were a couple of things that hadn't completed fully. Interesting that VW check on the results.
This time I told them that I needed a curtesy car, as before I had cycled (about 30km each way). They were fine with this.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just had a look on the app and they’ve left the car charging all night to 100%. GOM’s got a bit confused and is suggesting 153 miles of range.
Mine has just been charged to 100% by the dealership and is showing 140 miles. It's like I am back in the e-Golf!

But yeah as Tooks said, doesn't mean anything and will adjust when I eventually get it back and start driving it. Either that or the dealership have removed half my battery!

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,294 Posts
Mine’s on its way back now. I can see the battery % falling and the range increasing, which is a bit counterintuitive.
It’s working out that it’s now covering presumably 3.something miles per kWh versus 0 when it was sitting getting upgraded, so makes sense?

·
Registered
261 Posts
It’s working out that it’s now covering presumably 3.something miles per kWh versus 0 when it was sitting getting upgraded, so makes sense?
Yes, it's back now. I've just been out playing about with it, setting up Carplay etc. I noticed that it reckons it did 3.4 miles per kw/h on the way back, which sounds about right.

It seems to have retained most of my settings. The only one it had lost was the funky colour scheme I had chosen. Obviously I knew the app was still connected as I had been cyber-stalking them with it, but I was pleased to see my favourites were still present in the radio/media section and my navigation recents and home address were intact.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got mine back and all seems good so far, car appears to be faster a bit like the ID3 I test drove :)

Has anyone got Waze working yet? I tried on Apple Car Play (wireless) and I got audio, but no maps. Google maps worked perfectly on Apple Car Play

I tried Android Auto, and it didnt work using the VW USB cable supplied when i bought the car. I then tried my Google Pixel cable, and Android Auto sprung into life, but Waze wouldn't start up at all.

From my understanding, Android Auto, due to the amount of data it passes, needs to be connected via a cable (USB 3.0 data transfer is prefered), will this help with Apple Car Play?

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
368 Posts
Over 2 weeks since 2.1 and the car is significantly better. Stable and virtually no false alarm warnings. It’s been a pleasure to drive.
Doing a 350 mile round trip next Saturday. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just been reading back, I was not aware of this "soft bricking" situation, until it happened to ours, which was already at 2.0 having persuaded them to update soon after we got it earlier in the year. It has been 3 working days and still waiting for VW to issue the magical code to allow them to try again...

There was me thinking the 2.0 to 2.1 update would be far simpler, as we had Android Auto and all the missing bits already, not so.

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,618 Posts
Some weird things with my Life model on 2.1. My charging location vanished from the display, and it wouldn’t let me create a new one. Oddly, it seemed to be doing the scheduled charge as usual. I decided to do a factory restore from the Settings. It is very odd; the fans start up full blast, and after a minute, it says ‘Unable to restore to factory settings at this time’. I tried it a few times. It fixed the charging location problem (for now) but now I can’t get the We Connect ID app to register the car. I know that’s a different and common problem, but I will keep trying.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,536 ·
From my understanding, Android Auto, due to the amount of data it passes, needs to be connected via a cable (USB 3.0 data transfer is prefered), will this help with Apple Car Play?
Android Auto works wirelessly on any phone with Android 11, or some handsets with older versions. Get started with Android Auto - Android Auto Help

It has always worked fine with wireless for me, other than some issues getting the car to connect to the phone while I was on 2.0. With 2.1 it has never failed to connect so far & just works.

·
Registered
VW ID3
30 Posts
Left mine in the dealer today to update. Mine was on the original version but I only had minor problems. So big improvement for me, wireless apple car play, augmented reality head up, etc.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
Android Auto works wirelessly on any phone with Android 11, or some handsets with older versions. Get started with Android Auto - Android Auto Help

It has always worked fine with wireless for me, other than some issues getting the car to connect to the phone while I was on 2.0. With 2.1 it has never failed to connect so far & just works.
So, I guess an android 7.1.1 will not work with Android auto. No matter what I do it doesn't work via the infotainment system. Works fine on the handset. The Dealership checked the car when it was in for the 2.1 update tested a few different phones all appeared to work. So I guess it is my handset. Anywhere you can get a listing of what handsets work with android auto??

·
Registered
VW ID3 Tech
58 Posts
Anywhere you can get a listing of what handsets work with android auto??
If the question is specifically about Android Auto Wireless compatibility - Kansalis had it in his post:

Wireless projection is compatible with these Android versions:
  • Any phone with Android 11.0.
  • A Google or Samsung phone with Android 10.0.
  • A Samsung Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+ or Note 8, with Android 9.0.

1521 - 1540 of 1634 Posts