Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1541 - 1560 of 1634 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
My ID.3 1st edition is back in for a final check. I got a T-Roc as a curtesy car. Wow, good job I have some experience with an ICE (VW T5.1 van). 6 gears, three pedals. At least there was sufficient fuel.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
283 Posts
Got my 1st Edition back at lunchtime after a second workshop visit to get 2.1 installed.

They tried a few weeks ago but the ICAS1 unit wouldn’t take the update. They tried again this Monday, it didn’t work, they then had to send info to VW and wait for a response. They had a new ICAS1 from the factory in case they needed it (ordered after the first visit) but were able to get it done with the hardware already in the car.

Nice to have it done, and back at home - I had to re-do various personalisation including CarPlay to my phone, but all seems well from the drive home.

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
283 Posts
My Charging location keeps disappearing. Anyone else?
Mine disappeared once when I was still on 2.0, I just got it back today with 2.1 and had to save it again, hopefully it will be persistent now.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I did check the Internet. It claims android auto should work with android 5.0 and upwards. I have 7.1.1. I contacted my phone manufacturer and asked them if it should be compatible - only to receive a very unhelpful generic solution on how to set up android auto. If you go online and search which cars can use android auto - you find that VW ID3 is not even listed (but we know it works). Tried the USB cable that VW gave me with the car and it just doesn't launch when using app connect. I tried my brother's phone and it connected wirelessly - so I deduce it is my handset that is the issue. A "and many others" listing of compatible handsets is very unhelpful - that was from the Internet, hence the reason I contacted my phone manufacturer.

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
368 Posts
The only issue I’ve had in the 3 weeks since 2.1 was installed has been 2 warnings about rear right indicator malfunction both of which cleared after ‘a rest’. It may of course turn out to be a genuine issue although strange with only 3000 miles on the clock.
Did a 350 mile round trip yesterday. Zero problems. The only concern was that it was pretty thirsty on the longer motorway stretches. So I had to slow down to 60 for 20 mins and arrived with 12% at a charging station.
The plus was I charged free at 2 Osprey stations so it cost me nothing!

·
Registered
VW ID3
30 Posts
Got mine back too. Only drove it back from the dealer and yesterday on a short trip. Loved the augmented reality and the stronger regen on B mode.
Only issue that comes up, and never did while on 0564, it’s a warning that I don’t have “online radio” although in have 4G connection.

Consumption seems the same. Yesterday made a short trip, 68km (aprox 42miles), half made at 120km/h (75mph) and the way back at 140km/h (87mph) and the the consumption was 21.1kWh/100km (2.95mi/kWh).

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,618 Posts
Only issue that comes up, and never did while on 0564, it’s a warning that I don’t have “online radio” although in have 4G connection.
Yes, everyone gets the Internet Radio error message, unless you use a Wi-Fi hotspot.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I got a call from my dealer today to say that all's not well in their update land. If I were to take my car in tomorrow as booked for a version 2.1 update I'll be in the courtesy Polo for at least 2 weeks as they've already got 3 cars in with update fails. I've rebooked the car in in June (the earliest they can supply a courtesy car), as 2 weeks or more in a Polo doesn't appeal. Hopefully it'll give them a bit more time to figure out how to do the updates and clear the backlog. So much for over the air updates in quarter one!

·
EGGY
1,526 Posts
Mine has gone in this morning. Obviously concerned that it will through OK (they couldn't get it going when it was last in due to firewall issues) but even my very patient wife is so frustrated with the software that we felt it was worth the risk, let's hope we don't regret that and we get a better car back 🤞

Reactions: Woodulike

·
Registered
VW ID3 Tech v2.1
22 Posts
My car has been invited in for another update, or possibly has invited itself in. Had 2.1 about a month ago and everything works fine except for overnight charging being a bit unpredictable. Maybe it's been talking to VW without keeping me in the loop. Dealer says that VW want information from it and some "additions", which is clear as. Booked in for 2 days. Anyone else?

·
Registered
282 Posts
My car has been invited in for another update, or possibly has invited itself in. Had 2.1 about a month ago and everything works fine except for overnight charging being a bit unpredictable. Maybe it's been talking to VW without keeping me in the loop. Dealer says that VW want information from it and some "additions", which is clear as. Booked in for 2 days. Anyone else?
That sounds ominous

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,618 Posts
Maybe because it's a Tech edition?

·
Registered
368 Posts
So a month after 2.1 went in I have experienced the following strange ‘bugs’:
Rear right indicator warning - twice
Binnacle display flashing orange - 3 or 4 times in the last week
Very loud cracking volume sound - once yesterday.
Very Occasional quite bad lagginess especially on startup.
Voice recognition still largely laughably bad.
Aside from that zero false dashboard alerts or function freezing, omissions etc
Anyone else experienced those ‘strange Bugs’?

·
Registered
38 Posts
The cracking volume I've heard in 564 but only after driving for a long time (>2.5 hours) prior to the noise the sat nav had stopped working (but looked active) and another error occurred (sos error?) so I put it down to something related to that.

·
Registered
Zoe 50 GTLine
81 Posts
Strange bug - not really - fault or feature?
Speed sign recognition rubbish/bad/not working. Lane depature and ACC working i.e. everything else that uses the camera seems to be OK. Just the Speed sign seems to be stuck on 30mph. I've seen other warnings next to the sign and yesterday it actually picked up a 40 mph sign.
How helpfull are 'Customer Services' ?

·
Registered
368 Posts
I guess I’m trying to gauge whether people think their 2.1 installations are remaining stable or are gradually getting a little bit flakier (which might be an ongoing underlying software issue).
The indicator warning, flashing orange binnacle and loud volume crackle were a wee bit worrying and no doubt completely non demonstrable if you took it in. Although hopefully the former would have logged an alert somewhere.

·
EGGY
1,526 Posts
No news on mine. Called the dealer "It's still going we'll give you a call later"

1541 - 1560 of 1634 Posts