Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1561 - 1580 of 1634 Posts

·
EGGY
1,526 Posts
Called the dealer 3 times today "so and so will certainly call you back", never did so I'm in the dark. Frustrating as we do need 2 cars this weekend.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
The cracking volume I've heard in 564 but only after driving for a long time (>2.5 hours) prior to the noise the sat nav had stopped working (but looked active) and another error occurred (sos error?) so I put it down to something related to that.
I’ve not been updated yet but have also noticed the cracking noise is related to it losing data connection/SOS call error/sat nav freezing.

Reactions: OB1CCFC

·
EGGY
1,526 Posts
Drove over this morning, it failed near the end on a "heating update". Awaiting direction on Tuesday on how to fix it.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
One of my keys has now stopped working :rolleyes:

·
EGGY
1,526 Posts
It's frustrating, I was looking forward to getting the car back with a lot of the niggles resolved, I'll just have to be a bit more patient I guess

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Are there any rumours about 2.2 yet? I haven't heard any... but I think I saw something that said VW have a 12 week development cycle for updates, so I guess maybe end of this month would be about right if so?

I guess the first we'll know is when something pops up on the screen in the car to say and update is available?

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
One of my keys has now stopped working :rolleyes:
Previously when this happened it fixed itself after a little rest, but that’s now 3 days in a row that one of the keys hasn’t worked. (Red light comes on when you press the buttons.) any tips?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Are there any rumours about 2.2 yet? I haven't heard any... but I think I saw something that said VW have a 12 week development cycle for updates, so I guess maybe end of this month would be about right if so?

I guess the first we'll know is when something pops up on the screen in the car to say and update is available?
The master tech told me it wasn’t far away - his concern was that it’s likely to be another dealer update, rather than OTA

·
EGGY
1,526 Posts
Just called the dealer, I'm joining the "we've got to order a part and there's none in the factory and we don't know how long it will be" club :whistle:

Reactions: loggamatt

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,664 Posts
Just called the dealer, I'm joining the "we've got to order a part and there's none in the factory and we don't know how long it will be" club :whistle:
Will this become the 21st century's equivalent of the Caterpillar Club?

You can get lapel badges made and organise reunions!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Not great is it: when I spoke to the master tech at my dealer, he said they’d 3 ID3’s waiting for the controller. All 3 were brand new, not registered, waiting to be handed over to customers. He said the controllers had all been on order for between 5 and 8 weeks. It seems mine was the last controller they had delivered, I’d waited 6 weeks.

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
368 Posts
Sorry to hear that guys. Hard to understand long delays at this point when these controller issues have been known about for months.
it is worrying thinking about this happening if you were out of warranty with no access to a loaner.
puts me off buying the pcp out tbh.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mine had been near faultless on 2.0 from when I first picked it up. I stupidly agreed to have the software updated at the same time as having the tow hitch fitted. It's now been at the dealer for a week with no progress. At least they gave me an ID. 3 as a courtesy car, so I'm not out of pocket, but they have no idea when I'll get my car back.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
For those whose posts I just clicked ‘like’ on, I should explain those likes are an expression of my sympathy rather than me liking you being in this situation!!

It really isn’t good enough… I know someone will post now to say “not all ID.3s!!” but even based on the numbers on this forum alone who have been in this position it’s just not good enough. And Coronavirus and related supply chain issues isn’t a total excuse either. Businesses have had to learn to adapt and continue to provide services, and most seem to have done so.

I’ve got my fingers crossed for you all that a shipment of control units arrives on these shores pretty sharpish now!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
For those whose posts I just clicked ‘like’ on, I should explain those likes are an expression of my sympathy rather than me liking you being in this situation!!

It really isn’t good enough… I know someone will post now to say “not all ID.3s!!” but even based on the numbers on this forum alone who have been in this position it’s just not good enough. And Coronavirus and related supply chain issues isn’t a total excuse either. Businesses have had to learn to adapt and continue to provide services, and most seem to have done so.

I’ve got my fingers crossed for you all that a shipment of control units arrives on these shores pretty sharpish now!!
Based on recent info, it’s even looking possible that the issue may be related to VW’s update computers (versions etc), rather than any fault with the car itself. Personally I’d be much happier knowing the car wasn’t the culprit, I’d then have a little more confidence in it. Either way, it’s still unacceptable.

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
368 Posts
Based on recent info, it’s even looking possible that the issue may be related to VW’s update computers (versions etc), rather than any fault with the car itself. Personally I’d be much happier knowing the car wasn’t the culprit, I’d then have a little more confidence in it. Either way, it’s still unacceptable.
They seem to have had major issues with testing throughout the software delivery cycle. But the least they can do is to rapidly sort out customer problems which surely are known by now. It’s obviously in their interests as well, this doesn’t do the brand any good. I guess they see it as a low volume irritant but meanwhile the chatter just builds.
Shame because we are very happy with the car under 2.1 but they are still falling short on trust for me. I have two paths:
a) buy out my PCP and keep the car 5 years or so
b) return the car after 3 years and buy Korean.
I’ll decide end of July.

1561 - 1580 of 1634 Posts