Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks. I guess that clearly indicates the UK model 1st Plus will be about £39999 before grant.

I want the features of the Max though!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Thanks. I guess that clearly indicates the UK model 1st Plus will be about £39999 before grant.

I want the features of the Max though!
If this is true, I may cancel my second iD3 pre-order which was for my father. Even at £35k I was suggesting he look at the Tesla Model 3 SR+.
Lets see what the UK pricing actually comes out at.

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts
If this is true, I may cancel my second iD3 pre-order which was for my father. Even at £35k I was suggesting he look at the Tesla Model 3 SR+.
Lets see what the UK pricing actually comes out at.
Why not let him decide?! :unsure:

But you’re right, until the official U.K. price is known, it’s all speculation.

Mind you, I hope the forum servers are ready for the raft of posts that will follow the price announcement as everybody publicly cuts their noses off to spite their faces as they apparently switch orders to the Tesla M3... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
463 Posts
Why not let him decide?! :unsure:

But you’re right, until the official U.K. price is known, it’s all speculation.

Mind you, I hope the forum servers are ready for the raft of posts that will follow the price announcement as everybody publicly cuts their noses off to spite their faces as they apparently switch orders to the Tesla M3... :rolleyes:
Because I know him very well, he was hoping it would cost £30k at most... lol... at £35k is do-able.
Lets hope its £35k when UK pricing is announced.
Some may not switch to the Tesla M3 as I think they may have increased their prices over night (unconfirmed yet).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Got an email from VW dealer in Ireland regarding the filling out of a short survey so as to get an idea which version the customer wants. Here’s a piece regarding each models specifications:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for this. Very useful. With the exception of the pano roof the plus has everything I want. Happy to live without the roof, but obviously the OTR price will be the final arbiter. If they end up being equal on price, I would take an ID3 ahead of a Model 3 because it will be a bettter fit for what we want from a car.

I wonder if VW UK will be offering a deal with their new wallbox.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Looking at various youtube videos it is clear that the PLUS version will not even get electric seats.

If no options are available to add, or if those options needed take the price over £40k, then it could be the back up plan of a Model 3 lease!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for this. Very useful. With the exception of the pano roof the plus has everything I want. Happy to live without the roof, but obviously the OTR price will be the final arbiter. If they end up being equal on price, I would take an ID3 ahead of a Model 3 because it will be a bettter fit for what we want from a car.

I wonder if VW UK will be offering a deal with their new wallbox.
I’m the same, I need a hatchback, the M3 boot design won’t cut it for me, and Model Y I expect will be more expensive again. There are compromises I will have to make for the ID3, no pano roof which would have been nice, and mainly no ability for a roof rack (if this information is correct). As long as the tow hitch is available that I saw in a review I can make it work.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I posted about the Tow Hitch on a previous thread, this is only for bike racks or carriers up to a max of 75kg

This was shown on a norwegen youtube video, although everything that has been released so far has NOT mentioned the Tow Bar and is not listed anywhere yet as an option. If this is NOT an option I will probably cancel as the ID 3 is NOT built for any storage on the roof.

The other minor point that I noticed there are 4 usb C ports, 2 under the sliding centre console cover and 2 at the back, however I have not noticed any cigarette lighter socket (Accessory Socket) for the likes of connecting power to a dashcam or such like (I am assuming that at least 1 of the usb c ports provides power) but they are not in ideal places.

Does this car have a fuse box ? - I ask this as I believe that Tesla's don't have one

Oh and anybody thinking that they will buy a Tesla if the price for this car is too much - Check the Tesla website, prices have gone up to adjust for the weak Pound - Documentation, Towbar, White interior etc have all been rounded UP.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I posted about the Tow Hitch on a previous thread, this is only for bike racks or carriers up to a max of 75kg

This was shown on a norwegen youtube video, although everything that has been released so far has NOT mentioned the Tow Bar and is not listed anywhere yet as an option. If this is NOT an option I will probably cancel as the ID 3 is NOT built for any storage on the roof.

View attachment 122806

The other minor point that I noticed there are 4 usb C ports, 2 under the sliding centre console cover and 2 at the back, however I have not noticed any cigarette lighter socket (Accessory Socket) for the likes of connecting power to a dashcam or such like (I am assuming that at least 1 of the usb c ports provides power) but they are not in ideal places.

Does this car have a fuse box ? - I ask this as I believe that Tesla's don't have one

Oh and anybody thinking that they will buy a Tesla if the price for this car is too much - Check the Tesla website, prices have gone up to adjust for the weak Pound - Documentation, Towbar, White interior etc have all been rounded UP.
Crazy Bjorn has posted on You tube, 12 DC in the boot not sure it there are any others.
As for the external stowage, I’d be gutted, but without the ability to carry bikes it’s a non starter.😪

·
Registered
406 Posts

Why wouldn’t all 4 of the USB C ports be powered?

Even if there is no fusebox (unlikely) it won’t be too hard to find a 12v supply, or worst case run one from the battery.

I certainly wouldn’t be powering my dash cams from a visible socket.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts