Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 116 Posts

·
EGGY
1,020 Posts
I'm looking for something with a longer range than our i3 to make those longer drives (we used to drive to Italy to see the in laws at least once a year, no we're back to flying). The children will be occasional passengers now (one of to Uni next week, the other probably in a year), decent boot space (hatchback would be my preference). Don't think this works on boot space and the LR may be nudging the M3 LR which will have more space and a better charging network (including Ionity access and others). We'll have to see but it will be a pity as I really fancied one of these.

·
Premium Member
10,421 Posts
From a UK point of view not getting a rear view camera on a car that costs more than 20k is pretty surprising.
Until late in 2020, the UK is only getting the PLUS 1st edition which has a rear camera.

Also, I think you will be surprised by how many £30K cars have a camera as a cost option. It is often bundled with other features to increase "value". Our BMW i3 didn't have one and IIRC it is a cost option on most VWs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Until late in 2020, the UK is only getting the PLUS 1st edition which has a rear camera.

Also, I think you will be surprised by how many £30K cars have a camera as a cost option. It is often bundled with other features to increase "value". Our BMW i3 didn't have one and IIRC it is a cost option on most VWs.
I now actually realise that after speccing at an e-Golf for a quote.
Also yep now seen it’s standard on Uk 1st edition.

·
Registered
220 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
@E-Gizmo are those CDa figures? The figures give the impression that the much larger Model X is more slippery/efficient through the air than the ID.3.
I rarely see the "a" being mentioned, but unless I'm misunderstanding the definitions of CD and CDa, surely we should always be quoting CDa to give a true aerodynamic figure and taking into account the frontal area.

·
Registered
46 Posts
@E-Gizmo are those CDa figures? The figures give the impression that the much larger Model X is more slippery/efficient through the air than the ID.3.
I rarely see the "a" being mentioned, but unless I'm misunderstanding the definitions of CD and CDa, surely we should always be quoting CDa to give a true aerodynamic figure and taking into account the frontal area.
You're right, CD on it's own is somewhat misleading, but that's the only figure manufacturers generally seem to quote.

There are various CD and CDa figures here:

e.g. Model S: CD = 0.24, CDa = 0.562 sqM

Not sure how the average person goes about calculating the frontal area of a car? I don't think it's quite as straight forward as width x height ?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just came across this press release buried on the VW website:

https://uploads.volkswagen-newsroom.com/system/production/uploaded_files/14961/file/4865c2f6bd0d4bfcfb7741a05b2d9264231d5b4a/The_ID_3_new_era_begins.pdf?1568049306

Nothing much we don't already know in there but I noticed the drag coefficient is quoted as 0.267, I was wondering how that compares to the competition?
In reading this press release I also noticed "Free charging" for a year on Page 7. Makes the Ionity £8 per shot free for 12 months. Not sure what other "charging stations linked to WeCharge" there are - maybe the Tesco-VW tie up?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Limited to a maximum of 2,000 kWh.

The Part from the brief : charge their ID.3 1ST vehicles free of charge for one year from the first day of vehicle registration up to a maximum of 2,000 kWh.

This applies to all charging stations linked to WeCharge including the Ionity network

Does anybody know what stations are linked to the WeCharge Network in the UK

·
Registered
44 Posts
Pity there are no leather seat options.
Better to go to firm like DK Schweitzer for leather re-trim. Unlike VW's extensive use of vinyl, DK is leather everywhere and half the VW option price. DK cut the leather to the same seat panel pattern as original and two tone costs no more. My Golf VII leather is Shetland Grey and metallic red shades.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Just CD

·
Registered
426 Posts
Better to go to firm like DK Schweitzer for leather re-trim. Unlike VW's extensive use of vinyl, DK is leather everywhere and half the VW option price. DK cut the leather to the same seat panel pattern as original and two tone costs no more. My Golf VII leather is Shetland Grey and metallic red shades.
Should that be Schweizer?
https://www.dkschweizer.co.uk/leather-re-trimming

·
Registered
186 Posts
does anyone know when the exact prices and specifications will be released? I still hold a reservation but I don't want to cancel it on an off chance it will be really competitive in relation to Model 3 price and spec (although I am not holding my breath)...

·
Registered
596 Posts
Not looking too good for the UK pricing if those prices are direct conversions:-

Line 1 (standard) 40,000 euros - £35,670.60
Line 2 (plus) 46,000 euros - £41,021.19
Line 3 (max) 50,000 euros - £44,588.25

So its looking like it is already going to cost similar money to the Tesla Model 3 SR+, and may also get taxed as a luxury car.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Not looking too good for the UK pricing if those prices are direct conversions:-

Line 1 (standard) 40,000 euros - £35,670.60
Line 2 (plus) 46,000 euros - £41,021.19
Line 3 (max) 50,000 euros - £44,588.25

So its looking like it is already going to cost similar money to the Tesla Model 3 SR+, and may also get taxed as a luxury car.
Add around £3-5k because Brexit. (Wild guess)

·
Registered
596 Posts
Add around £3-5k because Brexit. (Wild guess)
Yes and if this actually happens... we are looking at a eye watering price of £44,021.19 - £46,021.19.
That Tesla Model 3 LR money right there! :eek:

41 - 60 of 116 Posts