Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
EV6 GTLineS due soon - ID.3 Family gone :(
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new ID3.Family at lunchtime and other than an ID.Light that's a bit temperamental, all seems OK (it's on ME2.0/0783).

..but, it repeatedly tells me there's a problem with generating the QR code for We Connect enrollment - is this a busy server problem? Have others had to wait to get the QR code displayed?

Ta.

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,852 Posts
Lots of people have had this problem.

First, is the light near the SOS button on the ceiling green? If so, good.

Find somewhere with a really good 4G signal and after waiting a while, try the enrolment process there.

·
Registered
586 Posts
is this a busy server problem? Have others had to wait to get the QR code displayed?
A VW technician posted on the Facebook group at the weekend that there have been server issues that VW are working to resolve. It would be nice if there was some kind of notification in the app, or a way to check on the web if there are issues...

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lots of people have had this problem.

First, is the light near the SOS button on the ceiling green? If so, good.

Find somewhere with a really good 4G signal and after waiting a while, try the enrolment process there.
Yes - SOS light green. Did drive a short distance to get 3/4 4G signal bars - only 1 on the drive. Made no difference sadly, but was only there for 5 minutes.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine did this, factory reset cured it straight away. You'll have to put all your preferences back in unfortunately.
Only on page 140 of the manual ;) Which reset that I've missed, or yet to read, would that be? Ta.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Various resets not made a difference - spoke to ‘my’ salesman who came back a bit later saying it’s a problem at VWs end; a number of his customers reporting similar problems yesterday and today.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Family edition
160 Posts
Picked up my Family edition this afternoon. I initially struggled to get it to generate a QR code, but on the second attempt it worked.

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,852 Posts
Obviously a VW server side issue now resolved.
I don't think that's necessarily true. Lots of people have had problems in the past.

For the sake of future readers of this thread, the trick seems to be:
  • Be patient, it often doesn't work first time
  • Make sure you are in an area with really good 4G reception
If that doesn't work:
  • Try a factory reset for the systems settings
  • Pull fuse 19 from the fuse box to reset the communications module.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Server issues have definitely been a factor in the past week or so. There have been various confirmation from dealers that there have been server problems, especially this past weekend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.