Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the sizes for the front wiper blades in ID.3? Cannot find it anywhere. A few online shops that take a number plate and find the correct wipers (including Halfords) cannot find any matches for ID.3. The online VW ID.3 manual tells you how to replace the wiper blades, but not the size.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 58kWh
155 Posts
Are your blades causing this annoying streaking and smearing by any chance? Mine were like that from the delivery but my ID.3 is pre reg so who knows how long it sat at dealers.
I guess the only way is to set them in service position and measure their length and then to find out some Bosch or Valeo ones online.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They judder and the passenger side leaves a streak in the middle. I cleaned the wipes and windscreen, it helped a little, but it is far from perfect.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
They judder and the passenger side leaves a streak in the middle. I cleaned the wipes and windscreen, it helped a little, but it is far from perfect.
A VW isn't a VW unless it comes with crap wipers. I usually swap out crappy (usually Valeo) wipers for Bosch Aerotwins. The wipers on my ID3s started out awful but improved rapidly to the point I find them OK and not worth replacing until theh start to wear.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Can I ask did which of the adapters did you use. I bought one of these Bosch AP30U but from what I can see none of the adapters are suitable. My wiper snapped and can't get one from VW until they open on Monday. Thanks
There were three adapters in a box and one of them fit perfectly. Take the adapter off the original wiper and compare. The one fitting looks very similar.

Edit: this is what it looks like:

Reactions: cgc5483

·
Registered
2 Posts
There were three adapters in a box and one of them fit perfectly. Take the adapter off the original wiper and compare. The one fitting looks very similar.

Edit: this is what it looks like:

View attachment 149158
Thanks so much. I don't know how I didn't try that one. I had the other wiper off alright but I mustn't have looked at it right as thought that was very different. Sorted now and great to know.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Better but still got some misting/smearing but return stroke clears it.

The passenger side wiper seems to be throwing less water from end onto drive side.

now to figure out rear wiper replacement to see if can stop squeek/judder

1 - 14 of 14 Posts