Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just come off an online chat and telephone call to VW customer services, My ID.4 arrived in the UK on the 4th March and was at my dealer on the 9th March. Software update to 2.1 completed on the 12th March so should be ready to collect later this week. The dealer has informed me that he cannot register any ID.4 vehicles yet as VW UK are apparently blocking the cars from being registered.

I expressed my frustration that UK journalists are driving around producing videos in VW press cars yet paying customers are not allowed to take delivery of their ordered vehicles.

Seems like VW UK have forgotten that it is loyal customers that keep them in business!

I await the customer services explanation with interest

·
Registered
ID.4 :-)
181 Posts
Just come off an online chat and telephone call to VW customer services, My ID.4 arrived in the UK on the 4th March and was at my dealer on the 9th March. Software update to 2.1 completed on the 12th March so should be ready to collect later this week. The dealer has informed me that he cannot register any ID.4 vehicles yet as VW UK are apparently blocking the cars from being registered.

I expressed my frustration that UK journalists are driving around producing videos in VW press cars yet paying customers are not allowed to take delivery of their ordered vehicles.

Seems like VW UK have forgotten that it is loyal customers that keep them in business!

I await the customer services explanation with interest
I'm in a similar situation. My ID.4 was built in Germany, sat there for 3 weeks, apparently getting its 2.1 software update. Its now in the UK, but no news as to when I'm going to get the car !

I've been warned there is a "hold up" by VW to do with registering vehicles. I agree with the OP concerned that I'm waiting for a £40k car that has been released in Europe and VW seam to be deliberately holding up release in the UK without explaining why.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm in a similar situation. My ID.4 was built in Germany, sat there for 3 weeks, apparently getting its 2.1 software update. Its now in the UK, but no news as to when I'm going to get the car !

I've been warned there is a "hold up" by VW to do with registering vehicles. I agree with the OP concerned that I'm waiting for a £40k car that has been released in Europe and VW seam to be deliberately holding up release in the UK without explaining why.
There is still no sign of my car other than the 'in transit' stage on the order tracker. My dealer is getting frustrated as he has done the 'deal' for March delivery as it obviously impacts their figures.

He tells me though that the 'official' UK launch date is the 25th March, after being put back from the 15th. That may be the reason why you/we can't have our cars. This does often happen with the launch of new models.

·
Registered
ID.4 First Edition
78 Posts
Well that's disappointing to read. I was sort-of hoping mine would be good to go on Saturday but I guess that won't be the case now. Sorry to hear that yours has been sat around doing nothing for so long. :(

·
Registered
ID.4 First Edition
78 Posts
Well that's disappointing to read. I was sort-of hoping mine would be good to go on Saturday but I guess that won't be the case now. Sorry to hear that yours has been sat around doing nothing for so long. :(
Edit: Though I've literally just had a call from my dealer saying it's arriving with them on Friday and can be ready on Monday. :unsure:

·
Registered
ID.4 First Edition
78 Posts
Well I've still got to sell my old car which is being used as down payment for the ID. I'm hopeful it'll be done and dusted by Monday at least. 😅

·
Registered
19 Posts
There is still no sign of my car other than the 'in transit' stage on the order tracker. My dealer is getting frustrated as he has done the 'deal' for March delivery as it obviously impacts their figures.

He tells me though that the 'official' UK launch date is the 25th March, after being put back from the 15th. That may be the reason why you/we can't have our cars. This does often happen with the launch of new models.
Have you tried the old delete from tracker and re-add the car to kick it into telling you a better version of the truth?

Mine's in the UK waiting to be teleported to the dealer. Can wait a couple of days as my numberplate retention cert and V5 for the old car haven't arrived yet!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have you tried the old delete from tracker and re-add the car to kick it into telling you a better version of the truth?

Mine's in the UK waiting to be teleported to the dealer. Can wait a couple of days as my numberplate retention cert and V5 for the old car haven't arrived yet!
Hi, yes I have done it more times than I can remember! The first time I did it it moved from the build stage to transit. I had a call from my dealer yesterday saying it was 'stuck' at Emden so isn't even in the country yet!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Would be great if anyone could post on here if they actually receive the car before 27th March. It seems suspicious that we are not being told the truth or even the same story.
Just come across someone on Facebook who has received theirs, photo of it in the driveway, not a Journalist.
Keep everyone posted

·
Registered
5 Posts
Would be great if anyone could post on here if they actually receive the car before 27th March. It seems suspicious that we are not being told the truth or even the same story.
Just come across someone on Facebook who has received theirs, photo of it in the driveway, not a Journalist.
Keep everyone posted
I’ve just spoken to our dealer. Our car is still in Germany and has been for well over a week. I was told that due to bad weather in February, there is a backlog of vehicles, so it’s waiting for that to clear. As the new reg recently started and all UK companies are trying to hit their sales targets, they’re putting pressure on VW. That said, it does seem odd that someone has had theirs already, given that we pretty much ordered the first day that we could and have gone for no extras.

I’m hoping not to upset anyone on this thread, but I’ve been told that as we ordered before a certain date (no date mentioned), we still receive the government grant, but they’re having to tell some unfortunate customers that they’re due to pay more - I’d tell them to go whistle myself and stand my ground.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I was fortunate enough to be able to collect my ID.4 yesterday (Friday), it had been "stuck" in the supply chain / process for 3 weeks after being scheduled for a build week 4, then finished week 7, but then sat there for 3 weeks while the much awaited software update had to be released/applied. It came over last Saturday and then made it's way to my VW dealer during the week, for ultra quick PDI/Registration/Paperwork etc.

I'm similarly not wanting to upset anyone who has a car on order ... my heart stopped when I saw Thursday's news of the grant being "pulled" ... (£3k is alot of money !) Very Very luckily for me, mine had been registered. The invoice shows the deduction when I collected the car. I suspect that unless a car had been registered on the OLEV Portal by the manufacturer/dealer, VIN/Reg etc - the grant will not be possible :-( .... to have a car "on order" will not be enough, it would need to have been entered onto the Portal.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The grant is still applicable to orders and not just registrations. My car is ordered and stuck in Germany but both my dealer and VW have confirmed it’s still eligible for the grant. It’s nothing to do with your car having been already registered prior to the change.

·
Registered
2021 Citroën ë-C4 Shine Plus
160 Posts
Apparently, there is a 28 day grace period for where orders already exist but have not yet been registered on the PICG portal.

This suggests that as long as there has been a confirmed customer order prior to the 18th, you still qualify for the old grant.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sincerely hope that everyone who's committed to ordering their car's and they are just "stuck" in the logistics process - will be able to get the £3k Grant ! :)

I still remain perplexed that it was "pulled" in such an abrupt fashion, and with (which I view) as an unrealistic "cut of figure of" £35k ... in the world of EV's. And a decision which I think contradicts the stated aim of moving away from ICE vehicles. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sincerely hope that everyone who's committed to ordering their car's and they are just "stuck" in the logistics process - will be able to get the £3k Grant ! :)

I still remain perplexed that it was "pulled" in such an abrupt fashion, and with (which I view) as an unrealistic "cut of figure of" £35k ... in the world of EV's. And a decision which I think contradicts the stated aim of moving away from ICE vehicles. :rolleyes:
It's particularly interesting as there is a precedent set-ICE cars of over 40k have a road fund license of £500 per year for the first 5 years. Which... You guessed it... Comes to £2,500.
So clearly that is paying for the OLEV grant and is why it's now 2.5k, when 3years ago it was over 4k.
So why on earth is 40k the cut off for 'being able to afford the extra' on an ICE car, but EV buyers are classed as 'rich' if they get a car of 35k....
It's supposed to be an incentive scheme, not a punishment.

Answers on a postcard please.

·
Registered
24 Posts
They removed the £310 a year luxury car road fund licence (not £500) for vehicles over 40k last year. All EV are now exempt. Not sure I understand your post?

·
Registered
5 Posts
They removed the £310 a year luxury car road fund licence (not £500) for vehicles over 40k last year. All EV are now exempt. Not sure I understand your post?
The luxury car road fund license has not been removed. EV have been exempted from it.
As I said, new ICE cars still need to pay £498.75 per year if paying by direct debit.
This amounts to a couple of quid short of £2,500. I believe this is in place to fund the OLEV grant.
But I don't think its right that the threshold is set at 40k for ICE vehicles to pay a surplus, but that the threshold for being 'luxury'/rich' is 35k if buying an EV.
Does that help?

1 - 20 of 98 Posts