Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

ID.4 Servicing

2578 Views 29 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Warrior
Now that we're coming up on two years since the first UK ID.4s were delivered, it is time to look at scheduling that first batch (mine included) for servicing... Has anyone scheduled theirs yet? Are you using main dealers, or HEVRA garages? Any idea on base costs? I've emailed Cleevely's mobile service as they do my Zoe every summer, not sure if they service the ID cars, but we'll see.
Reactions: 1
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
I think I’ll try and ‘pressure’ the dealer into doing what they told me yesterday was included (service, pollen filter, brake fluid change) at the first service, then take it back for an MoT at Year 3 and be prepared for an argument. I’m trying to get VWFS to put in writing what’s included and when, I can’t see how they can say an MoT is included, but it has to be used before 2 years is up!

Then after that, do as @GenerationGav is going to do and get Cleevely or an independent to do it going forwards. I’ve done that with other VW’s that have gone past 3 years old and it’s worked far better than sticking with the main dealer.
I managed to get the service down to £200, so have booked it in. There are a couple of warranty items too, so makes sense for VW to do it. After that I'll most likely do as above, I noticed a HEVRA registered garage nearby, so maybe second service there in another two years.
I do believe you are right but even some VW dealers are confused. And some VW brochures do not help either. Below is taken from ID.3 1st Edition price list (issue 22 July 2020):

Rectangle Font Circle Number Paper product

However this has been amended in recent ID brochures to the below

Font Rectangle Circle Pattern Parallel
See less See more
The VW website accessories have now changed to state this;

Service Plan
Price £239
A Volkswagen Service Plan covers the first two consecutive services. This option will be excluded from your finance calculation and must be paid for separately.

But when you click "More Info" it says

"A Volkswagen ID Service Plan covers the vehicle first service covering you for 2 years, with an option to pay upfront or spread over 24 monthly payments.
Includes: 1 x Inspection Service, 1 x Pollen filter and 1 x Brake fluid change (if required) All parts are fitted by trained technicians, are genuine and come with 2 years parts and labour warranty.
This option will be excluded from your finance calculation and must be paid for separately. Price shown is only valid at point of order."

Which contradicts itself.
See less See more
  • Sad
The VW website accessories have now changed to state this;

Service Plan
Price £239
A Volkswagen Service Plan covers the first two consecutive services. This option will be excluded from your finance calculation and must be paid for separately.

But when you click "More Info" it says

"A Volkswagen ID Service Plan covers the vehicle first service covering you for 2 years, with an option to pay upfront or spread over 24 monthly payments.
Includes: 1 x Inspection Service, 1 x Pollen filter and 1 x Brake fluid change (if required) All parts are fitted by trained technicians, are genuine and come with 2 years parts and labour warranty.
This option will be excluded from your finance calculation and must be paid for separately. Price shown is only valid at point of order."

Which contradicts itself.

Try discussing it with them. You'll find all the contradictions you ever wanted!

I bought the equivalent thing for our ID3 about six months ago. Turns out that it covers the first service including a replacement pollen filter and a brake fluid change. In spite of the fact that the brake fluid change is scheduled for " after three years" elsewhere and you hardly use the brakes anyway. PLUS an MoT test which is due after three years.

So the first service was done as described above in December but they still owe me a free MOT test next December.

All of that was £200 , considerably less than the quote for the first service with just the pollen filter change.

Now it looks like I can have the second service done at four years. I think!?!
I didn't read this thread before I got my 1st edition serviced earlier this week but without me asking, the garage volunteered that I would be better off with the VW Service Plan, and they only charged me £199 for it which includes an MoT test next year. They said otherwise the service would be £239 excluding brake fluid, filter and MoT.
My ID4 is just coming up to 2 years old and when I booked it in for the first service last week, I was offered that plan. I jumped at it. Service, although it's more inspection, brake fluid change, pollen filter and MOT next year all for £199.99.
My ID4 is just coming up to 2 years old and when I booked it in for the first service last week, I was offered that plan. I jumped at it. Service, although it's more inspection, brake fluid change, pollen filter and MOT next year all for £199.99.
Yes, I got that deal for my ID3 in December. What I'm not clear about is whether there's any requirement for a service at 3 years. I'm thinking that the next service would be at four years but that sounds too good to be true!

What do you think?
I honestly don't know, but I'll try and remember to ask when I take mine in on 4th April.
Having had my first service/inspection this week, the invoice and service history record stated, "next service 4th April 2025". So it seems that service intervals are every 2 years.
21 - 30 of 30 Posts