Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
ID.4 1st, Leaf 2016 30kW SVE
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I noticed in the latest app update that when I open the app and go to the We Charge section it's now showing me the upgrade options as well as my current plan. Before this I could only see the current plan I was on, nothing happened when I clicked the "view plan upgrade options"

The question I have is that the prices shown in the upgrade options view are not in line with what I expected or what is described on the dealer website I bought the car from - does anyone else have this problem? I know that different countries have different offers regarding Ionity rates, but wanted to check that the app is behaving correctly. I haven't had a chance to try Ionity yet due to lockdown restrictions, but am hoping to give it a go shortly.

I've contacted VW about this and am waiting to hear back from them.

·
Registered
'18 Zoe ZE 40 R110 + '21 VW ID.4 1st
313 Posts
I haven't been able to figure out how to get the discounted Ionity rate at all... I've done the WeConnect setup, connected my card and everything. But every time I try to plug in at Ionity the card isn't recognized...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all

I noticed in the latest app update that when I open the app and go to the We Charge section it's now showing me the upgrade options as well as my current plan. Before this I could only see the current plan I was on, nothing happened when I clicked the "view plan upgrade options"

The question I have is that the prices shown in the upgrade options view are not in line with what I expected or what is described on the dealer website I bought the car from - does anyone else have this problem? I know that different countries have different offers regarding Ionity rates, but wanted to check that the app is behaving correctly. I haven't had a chance to try Ionity yet due to lockdown restrictions, but am hoping to give it a go shortly.

I've contacted VW about this and am waiting to hear back from them.
Could you explain to us what We Connect and We Charge are?

We are in the US, and have not heard of these.

We do not have our ID.4 yet.

Thanks.
best,
Mac

·
Registered
ID.4 1st edition (previously Mitsubishi outlander PHEV)
203 Posts
Could you explain to us what We Connect and We Charge are?

We are in the US, and have not heard of these.
the US service is different to ours... it will be better to watch a few Youtube videos of the ID4 charging in the USA, there is enough said about it.
Can't remember the service in America but VW have a share. I think you get free charging. (dont quote me)
There is a feature you have but it isnt working yet on the ID4 which is about it recognising the car and starting to charge without doing anything with Apps and cards! at the moment you have to start charging with an App.... its coming in a future software release!

Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
I had to use an old Android phone to change plans - the iOS app still won’t show me anything when I click on upgrade options.

This is the plan I’ve managed to get on - no monthly charge and 45p at Ionity which is definitely worth it:

·
Registered
74 Posts
the US service is different to ours...
There is a feature you have but it isnt working yet on the ID4 which is about it recognising the car and starting to charge without doing anything with Apps and cards! at the moment you have to start charging with an App.... its coming in a future software release!

Hope that helps.
Yep, in the USA it's Electrify America. We do get 3 years unlimited charging free of charge with ID4.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts