Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my 1st edition yesterday and the dealer said it comes with the same £500/2000kW credit as the ID.3. Can't see that anywhere on VW's website, anyone able to confirm while I get them to put it in writing?

·
Registered
ID.4 :-)
181 Posts
I'm aware the ID.3 came with that "deal" but not the ID.4 - the best I found was a £90 credit with Octopus Energy (whuch they claim is about 3000 miles) when you give your VW order number to Octopus. If you're either a customer of Octopus, just email the [email protected] email address ..... or when you sign up let them know.

Also if you are new to Octopus - you can use the sign up code that alot of us have below (click mine please - lol) and you'll get an additional £50 credit (and so do I - Thank you :)) ... Octopus occasionally tell people - they can't have both credit's - but persist - as plenty of us get both - so a £140 credit to start your account with.

Also - not sure if you have a charger, but Octopus customers can get the Ohme for £199 - a great smart charger and great value for money - there are plenty of reviews on here and on Youtube.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ordered my 1st edition yesterday and the dealer said it comes with the same £500/2000kW credit as the ID.3. Can't see that anywhere on VW's website, anyone able to confirm while I get them to put it in writing?
I will let you know at some stage next week as I will be collecting my ID4 from my dealer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm aware the ID.3 came with that "deal" but not the ID.4 - the best I found was a £90 credit with Octopus Energy (whuch they claim is about 3000 miles) when you give your VW order number to Octopus. If you're either a customer of Octopus, just email the [email protected] email address ..... or when you sign up let them know.

Also if you are new to Octopus - you can use the sign up code that alot of us have below (click mine please - lol) and you'll get an additional £50 credit (and so do I - Thank you :)) ... Octopus occasionally tell people - they can't have both credit's - but persist - as plenty of us get both - so a £140 credit to start your account with.

Also - not sure if you have a charger, but Octopus customers can get the Ohme for £199 - a great smart charger and great value for money - there are plenty of reviews on here and on Youtube.

Hope that helps.
Hey, sorry for being a pest!

In regards to the Ohme charger - do you need Octopus to also be the installer? Sorry if I'm being dumb but happy to take a link...i'm new to all of this.

·
Registered
ID.4 :-)
181 Posts
Sorry for the delay in replying - the Ohme charger is the charging unit that you'll want to have at home to connect/charge the car up with. The Ohme will work on what ever energy supplier/tariff you go with. The £199 deal is just something that Octopus are offering to their customers (regardless of tariff).

This video may help explain a little more about the unit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Collected my ID.4 today it does come with We charge card in the pack but the dealer confirmed it does not give you the £500 credit the ID.3 first edition owners received.
The card/we connect app does give you access to two discounted prices at IONITY chargers for a subscription fee but may not be of much use to a lot of owners.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts