Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Is it a 1st (with keyless entry)? Sounds like the car "saw" the key somehow. If it happens again, try putting the key in a metal box of some kind. It may be just close enough to trigger the lock.

·
Premium Member
ID.4 GTX & M3 LR
10,804 Posts
Santa’s elves moving your key I expect!

Do you mean the ID light at the base of the windscreen, or the headlights?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen mine do it unless I’m moving the keys etc.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Is this an anti-man-in-the-middle Key-fob-theft method? Your car can be nicked if you're asleep with key fob 500 yards away from car, by 2-men-in-the-middle with radio amplifier boosting the short-range signal from car to key-fob, which then picks that up, and thinking the car's close by, the feeble response it sends back is similarly picked up by super-sensitive receiver & boosted by the villain standing by front door, amplified hugely & sent back to your car 500 yards away which then unlocks & is stolen

One way to defeat this, at least when you're at home & asleep, is for the fob to deactivate itself when stationary. So maybe a sudden movement of fob wakes it up, and it's signalling something to the car to say "Wake up. Boss is on the move, may want preheat/App interaction/whatever so get the internet going"?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.