Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
E-Van ponderer
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I am very interested in the env200 I think k it could suit my business needs well. But I have a few questions that I have not found out a clear answer for or am a bit confused by.

1)load length
It is listed at 2040cm. Is this the very furthest point for the brochure, or I can stick a 2m long object in floor to ceiling?

2)servicing.
What is serviced? Approximate cost? Filters? Connections? Gearbox?

3)Defrosting.
Can you set the windscreen to defrost on any model? Vehicles can quickly turn into giant ice cubes on my road. The idea of being able to just get in to a can that is ready to go really appeals!

On my rough calculation I think I should reduce my running costs by £1000yr as long as insurance and service costs are no more (7-8K per annum)

Thank you for any help, and the information I have already gleaned off this forum.

R.

·
Registered
423 Posts
3) You need Tekna model to be able to use CarWings, which gives you web/app access to turn on heating on-demand.

On my Leaf with CarWings, the user interface for scheduling the in-car timer to preheat for 8am every morning (which doesn't require internet/web/phone) is on the CarWings display - BUT my vague belief is the models without CarWings provide this ability on the little dashboard menu. I cant definitely confirm that though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
423 Posts
3) Continued...

That's the Japanese manual for 2016 ENV200.

It has carwings page showing timer setting at 11am, same as Leaf - then it ALSO has this page showing timer setting on the dashboard menu. Less options, but still able to set it to 11am every day by looks of it.

(I don't read a word of Japanese but I can compare the images to what's in my Leaf and thus make sense of it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
462 Posts
on my e-nv200 i can also press the bottom button on the remote unit and that also starts the heater defrost.

servicing, 18000 miles service 1 £99 basic checks, service 2 £149 basic checks plus change brake fluid service 3 £99 and so on... there is very little to service on these vans.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
The only thing I'd check if I were you is that the range (about 60 to 80 miles) is enough for you. They are almost all 6.6 charging speed so really you only need 2-3 hours to fully recharge it or a quick 30min top up now and again over a day.

If there are free rapid chargers in your area then you can recharge it fully on a lunch break and potentially have zero fuel costs.

That's how we run ours.

Oh and just remove the bulkhead from the van, you can get LOADS more in with it removed as the passenger seat goes flat.

·
Registered
279 Posts
The bulkhead protrudes into the load area from about half way up so the load length is reduced. I haven't measured it but it's probably no more than 2000 at that point.
Servicing is £99 or £149 on alternate years. I'm not sure what they do for the money but they are supposed to change the brake fluid on the major service.

The van has a climate timer so you can set it to be defrosted just before you unplug and set off.

Hope this helps.

Edit: mine's an Acenta model, I believe the Tekna has carwings.

·
E-Van ponderer
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank so for the responses very helpful.

I don't think range will be a problem. I don't have any charges local to me, but on a typical day I only drive 15miles, and a few times a month further a field maybe 40miles. I think I have only once got to 70miles in a day, that was a bad & busy day!

I mostly have off street parking. Space will improve when the project on my drive is a bit more mobile. But if I overhang the pavement a little it's no problem.

I thought the servicing was expensive, then I realised that's 18000 miles, so other than tyre wear and a wash, every two years for me. Would be plenty.

Pleased to hear about a climate timer, that's a just what I need!
Space sounds like it will do the job, as well, I plan to track one down to test load though.

So a Rapid Accenta would do me nicely, anything else is a bonus :)

Time to go van hunting!

Happy new year

R.

·
E-Van ponderer
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just thought of a 4th question..

Is there a 12V power point in the back, or do I have the fun of adding one?

What's the point of driving around a big battery if I can't charge a few little ones?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Hi.
I am very interested in the env200 I think k it could suit my business needs well. But I have a few questions that I have not found out a clear answer for or am a bit confused by.

1)load length
It is listed at 2040cm. Is this the very furthest point for the brochure, or I can stick a 2m long object in floor to ceiling?

2)servicing.
What is serviced? Approximate cost? Filters? Connections? Gearbox?

3)Defrosting.
Can you set the windscreen to defrost on any model? Vehicles can quickly turn into giant ice cubes on my road. The idea of being able to just get in to a can that is ready to go really appeals!

On my rough calculation I think I should reduce my running costs by £1000yr as long as insurance and service costs are no more (7-8K per annum)

Thank you for any help, and the information I have already gleaned off this forum.

R.
Nissan offer a FOUR day test drive on the EV200.
Why not borrow one and give it a go on your daily tasks.

·
E-Van ponderer
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update.

I have had a test drive (in a Tekna), and I really liked it. I could get my ladders (1.96m) in with a little room to spare, I think the 2m measurement is to the dip in the front bulkhead. Being 6'5" and having big feet, lack of clutch was great, and the slightly wider pedal spacing meant i didn't have to work to not press the accelerator and brake simultaneously. Room for my knees as well :)

I want one.

Been getting insurance quotes, which has not been going so well... As you only get One no claims discount per vehicle, I effectively am a new personal/business policy and with one minor accident in 2015, I only get a small introductory discount :(
£2K is the round about figure for insurance for me.

PlugInsure have been very helpful though, and through Aviva think they could sort a deal which would give me 5yr bonus on the env & take on my existing vehicle as well. which would cost a little more overall for this year, but should make a significant cost saving for the next, with no claims on both vehicles.

choices choices.

I have vehicle insurance. I just don't get why your treated as if you can only insure one unique vehicle, but can drive more than one at any time?!

So 20yrs driving. One minor accident last year. 9yrs no claims. Owned two vehicles for 10 yrs. doesn't add up does it?

Rant Over..

I like the ENV200. I just need to make the finances work now to have one. That & chase up some bills.....

·
Registered
942 Posts
You might want to look at the ZE Kangoo as well - they do a long one and have new longer range model coming out .
Update.

I have had a test drive (in a Tekna), and I really liked it. I could get my ladders (1.96m) in with a little room to spare, I think the 2m measurement is to the dip in the front bulkhead. Being 6'5" and having big feet, lack of clutch was great, and the slightly wider pedal spacing meant i didn't have to work to not press the accelerator and brake simultaneously. Room for my knees as well :)

I want one.

Been getting insurance quotes, which has not been going so well... As you only get One no claims discount per vehicle, I effectively am a new personal/business policy and with one minor accident in 2015, I only get a small introductory discount :(

PlugInsure have been very helpful though, and through Aviva think they could sort a deal which would give me 5yr bonus on the env & take on my existing vehicle as well. which would cost a little more overall for this year, but should make a significant cost saving for the next, with no claims on both vehicles.

choices choices.

I have vehicle insurance. I just don't get why your treated as if you can only insure one unique vehicle, but can drive more than one at any time?!

So 20yrs driving. One minor accident last year. 9yrs no claims. Owned two vehicles for 10 yrs. doesn't add up does it?

Rant Over..

I like the ENV200. I just need to make the finances work now to have one. That & chase up some bills.....

·
otleyshev ( kev)
1,455 Posts
Update.

I want one.

choices choices.

Rant Over..

Hi Richard have a good look round am shire you should be able to get cheaper insurance + you will love the e-nv200

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I got really cheap cover from HIC for ours. Had to phone them and go though some hoops but they eventually covered us way cheaper than anyone else.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts

·
E-Van ponderer
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I new there was a ZE Kangoo, but I didn't realise there was a long wheel base option. I would happily get in everything i need today, but it wouldn't give me the flexibility for the extra bulky stuff I need every now and then. Unless I stick my ladders on the roof, which I am trying to avoid doing (they get used inside clean houses a lot!). but the range would offset the slow charging only and ladders on the roof drag!

I'll try a few other insurance companies. Hopefully I'll have some success. I get a quote for a ICE nv200 as well to see if its currently just me..

I didn't realise the Acenta models don't have much in the way of passenger safety. no airbag. which bumps me up to the Tekna again... which I did like very much!

I can sort out USB/12V in the rear easily enough. I am an electrician, and i have plenty of suitable cable. Its just nice to have a quick starting point.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
I new there was a ZE Kangoo, but I didn't realise there was a long wheel base option.
I've tested both and the Kangoo is nicer to drive. The biggest downside is a complete lack of rapid charging. That limits the van to the single charge range.

Nissan has a better dealer network and probably the more reliable van.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts