Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
I was holding out for the ID Buzz to switch the large family car to a BEV, but it looks like this will be available sooner and has 3 row seating. Definitely adding this to my shortlist. Will have to see how it turns out in the end though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,044 Posts
A Roomzz with a "phew": "One of the key features of the I.D. Roomzz is its three-row seating configuration. This could, however, turn into a lounge on wheels with the electric SUV's open space interior design." .. right .. so like a standard "MPV", then?

·
23,044 Posts
@donald we all know that MPVs are like an STD to the car sales world. Crossovers sell like hot cakes.
Ah, I see....

(PS Have you seen my Renault Espace SUV? Also got the wheelchair access vehicle, based on a Fiat Scudo SUV. Previously had a Vauxhall Vectra SUV that I sold for the Ampera SUV.)

I think the e208 SUV could work out well for me next year.

·
The best there is at what I do
10,534 Posts
The front is awful, when are designers going to realise that the front doesn't have to look like a car, it can look like the Bullet train or Concorde or anything that doesn't have the aerodynamic coefficient of a barn door, a long thin nose would be a lot more pedestrian friendly because unless it hit them square on it would just brush them aside allaying all the fears that EV are going to be mowing down pedestrians by the dozen in the meantime.
Come on designers ditch the box:whistle:

·
23,044 Posts
The front is awful, when are designers going to realise that the front doesn't have to look like a car, it can look like the Bullet train or Concorde or anything that doesn't have the aerodynamic coefficient of a barn door, a long thin nose would be a lot more pedestrian friendly because unless it hit them square on it would just brush them aside allaying all the fears that EV are going to be mowing down pedestrians by the dozen in the meantime.
You might have missed the pointless point of an 'SUV'. A Land Rover with a huge flat bonnet was great on an exped for laying out a map and arranging several canteens of coffee. The fact that these will never go on exped, never be off road and certainly never have its occupants reaching for something as antiquated as 'a map' is missing the point that their owners seem to want to imagine they might be! ;)

·
Registered
8,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unless it skewers them in the middle..

·
Registered
8,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
People seem to love the SUV attitude. Call it ''butch' or ''looking down your nose at the world" it's what they are prepared to pay extra for.

Functionally they need an MPV. Whatever happened to them?
The development of SUVs has gone hand in hand with bullying reactionary climate change-denying politics. Dates from GW Bush years.

Alternative analysis: they are just giant hatchbacks to take giant pushchairs...

·
9,719 Posts
The front is awful, when are designers going to realise that the front doesn't have to look like a car, it can look like the Bullet train or Concorde or anything that doesn't have the aerodynamic coefficient of a barn door
Given theres a restriction in the form of getting NCAP ratings and pedestrians knees, pointy front ends are not really going to happen.

·
Registered
11,036 Posts
Given theres a restriction in the form of getting NCAP ratings and pedestrians knees, pointy front ends are not really going to happen.
I understand they don’t need to go transonic, therefore can avoid the need for pointy ends. Soap bar shaped will do nicely.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts