Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok after 6 weeks I’ve reached 1000 miles on my white 1st Edition with 0564 on it!
My current views:
It looks a lovely car and I haven’t washed it yet :0)
The cabin and interior is very nice, spacious, quiet, good quality. Criticisms of the interior now seem bizarre to me.
The seats seem quite hard to get comfortable, I miss the support of sport bucket seats.
It drives with lots of smooth, surging power in all modes. Careful on the throttle 0 to 30 else you’ll crick your neck.
Steering is light. Nice enough but a bit ‘disconnected’.
The car feels heavy. It is well planted but does corner like a loaded van. Or it did when I had a Golf GTI pushing behind me on a country road :0) it did overtake me :0(
The suspension is my biggest driving negative. Quite crashy. Maybe I need to play with tyre pressures and individual mode settings?
Turning circle is good but not as great as I heard it was.
Headlights are fantastic.
Wipers are very good.
Switches are fine, on steering wheel and for windows. Don’t know that the moaning is about. But the light switch cluster squeezed inaccessibly in, is plain daft.
Boot average. Again not as big as I thought it might be.
Software now getting increasingly flaky in terms of false reports. Airbag most days. One full red light warning for 3 seconds I didn’t quite catch. I’m going to ignore them until 2.1.
Range still a mental issue for me as a first time EV owner. I want to cruise at 72 mph but feel it’s very thirsty and I end up at 60 in the lorry lane :0) But hopefully I’ll adapt better.
Would I recommend it to a family member or friend? Not with the current software. If VW resolve the more major software issues then yes absolutely.

·
Registered
EV6 GTLineS due soon - ID.3 Family gone :(
291 Posts
Criticisms of the interior now seem bizarre to me.
Agreed
The seats seem quite hard to get comfortable, I miss the support of sport bucket seats.
Possibly not as nice as the bucket sports seats were in my S5, but I've found them ok.
Steering is light. Nice enough but a bit ‘disconnected’.
Compared to fwd VAG cars, though it's much better.
The suspension is my biggest driving negative. Quite crashy.
Coming from sports suspenion-ed Audi, I'd disagree - suspension & SUV tyres seem quite soft (in a good way) to me.
Headlights are fantastic.
Yes - again well up to the spec / performance of the matrix LEDs on expensive Audis.
Wipers are very good.
Yep - I've got no complaints.
Switches are fine, on steering wheel and for windows. Don’t know that the moaning is about.
+1
Software now getting increasingly flaky in terms of false reports.
I'm reluctant to comment (jinx!), but so far 0783 on my Family has been faultless, if a touch slow to start up on occasion.

·
EGGY
1,692 Posts
I mailed KW suspension and they are working on an ID.3 kit. I have a plain set of springs on my Model 3 (with mountain pass performance rear camber arms) and they have made a big improvement. Realise a lot of people lease their cars but for those that own, money well spent for me.

I can't feel any difference between the various modes (0564) especially in the steering, so an improvement there would be appreciated but as you say, all bets are off until 2.1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts