Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just wondering space wise what the ID 3 with flexible floor is like for a Golden Retriever... Would it have enough space or would it be a seats down job? Anyone in similar position

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Life Pro Performance, MY22 (software v2.3)
200 Posts
So just wondering space wise what the ID 3 with flexible floor is like for a Golden Retriever... Would it have enough space or would it be a seats down job? Anyone in similar position
I’m expecting to have our greyhound in the back of mine for the first time tomorrow - will report back!

I expect she will be fine, as she was in the back of my Golf - the boot size is broadly similar.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,813 Posts
I’ve travelled with a mates Golden Lab in the back of mine, with the raised floor in place, and he was fine and had plenty of space to lay down or sit up with his chin on the top of the rear seat.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Can't comment on upper position as our dog doesn't go in the Family, but she does go in the Life with the low floor as standard - she's a 37kg Brown Labrador and she's fine with it. She licks the hatchback window, but I do have a towel over the rear head rests and top of the rear seats to protect them from her drool when she rests her chin there.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 58kWh
155 Posts
No problems with 40kgs German Shepherd with low floor and obviously parcel shelf removed.

Reactions: Cloudhopper

·
Registered
200 Posts
As expected, greyhound was fine in the back of my Life (so standard floor) this morning. Although she’s on the petite side for a greyhound, I’d say she’s still easily as tall and as long as a lab/retriever (if a little more wasp waisted at 30kg 😉).

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I've got a bit of padded tablecloth that came from Dunelm which sits in the bottom of the boot. It's about the same width as the boot and about half a metre longer. It's a couple of MM thick. When getting the dog (Greyhound) in and out I fold out the excess flap to cover the bumper so the dog can't scratch it. I have to lift her in, front legs first then rear, no way would she jump in, it's a bit comical as she doesn't like stepping forward with her front legs while the back ones are in the air but we get there eventually. She's happy to jump out though.

Size wise she's a small grey, just under 30 Kg and as skinny as any dog in racing trim.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I have a proper cloth flap over the bumper with the boot open, but I still don't trust our Lab not to drag her back legs and pull the flap back when getting in. I lift her in width ways, with on arm around her chest and the other around her back end. I did it to get her to the vets a month ago. I didn't know what she weighed on the way there. After getting weighed at the vets, funnily enough she felt heavier lifting her back in to go home (37kg).

She's not in the car too often - she's a beach dog rather than a countryside dog. We're surrounded by good beaches that are easily walkable.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've got a bit of padded tablecloth that came from Dunelm which sits in the bottom of the boot. It's about the same width as the boot and about half a metre longer. It's a couple of MM thick. When getting the dog (Greyhound) in and out I fold out the excess flap to cover the bumper so the dog can't scratch it. I have to lift her in, front legs first then rear, no way would she jump in, it's a bit comical as she doesn't like stepping forward with her front legs while the back ones are in the air but we get there eventually. She's happy to jump out though.

Size wise she's a small grey, just under 30 Kg and as skinny as any dog in racing trim.
Luckily our grey will hop in (when we chuck a treat in 😉).

I had the boot sill protector from the protection pack fitted a couple of days ago (almost invisible, well impressed), so if there are any scuffs, that should take them rather than the paintwork. In any case taking the dog in the car is a bit unusual for us, probably no more than a dozen times a year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts