1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts on colour combinations?

my preference is :

-glacier white/ Matt black
-Saffron orange / white interior (it has grown on me)
-cant make my mind up between 19” Andoya or 18” east Derry wheels

not keen on any of the bi-colour concepts after having seen in the flesh
look like textured stickers and don’t think they will age well

trying to determine what the style pack is all about on the max - just what do you get for £407 is it just a different coloured mirror?

welcome thoughts/ opinions

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have always had dark interiors in the past in all my cars but just fancied something different. You are right though Dirt is one of the downsides of white but looks like it should clean easy enough. Time will tell though Might not get too grubby with all of the hand washing we are doing these days:)

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
4,364 Posts
The one I test drove was white with a dark interior, and I liked it.

I also looked at one in the showroom that was dark blue with with the white interior, and it looked ok in the showroom but I guess wouldn’t wear well.

I quite like the saffron colour as well, and as for wheels the bigger the better from a looks point of view. Efficiency wise, not sure what’s better, but tyre width seems to be the crucial bit.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the 1st edition, white, black interior. The car is very light inside and roomy. On the wheels I think both the derry and andoya look good. According to youtube videos the 18" derry will give marginally better range (a couple of miles) and apparently are quieter. I am very happy with the 19", they have a tall aspect ratio (50%) so plenty of rubber for a comfortable ride

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have always had dark interiors in the past in all my cars but just fancied something different. You are right though Dirt is one of the downsides of white but looks like it should clean easy enough. Time will tell though Might not get too grubby with all of the hand washing we are doing these days:)
My last ICE car was with "light moon" leather interior aka offwhite colour and actually never had a problem keeping on the top of it. Every couple weeks wipe down with the leather cleaner and conditioner and that was all needed.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My last ICE car was with "light moon" leather interior aka offwhite colour and actually never had a problem keeping on the top of it. Every couple weeks wipe down with the leather cleaner and conditioner and that was all needed.
View attachment 136424
Wow, that is a nice looking interior.
I don’t speak for everyone, but I couldn’t follow that regime cleaning outside never mind inside.
Having said that, I am willing to have a go, just to get that look.
Let’s be bold and give them the benefit of the doubt.
After all VW would get a bad reputation if it could not be kept clean easily.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition
4,364 Posts
I did have a cream leather interior in a BMW 3 series once, it wasn’t too bad to keep clean, the main issue was like most middle aged blokes I wear jeans a lot, and they used to turn the seats blue.

It did require a deep clean with some decent leather cleaner now and again, but it wore well.

Certainly looked better than me in skinny jeans...

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,155 Posts
Looking at the ID3 external colour choices yesterday, I was shown a "Manganese Grey" Passat. You could only tell that it wasn't black if you stood it beside an actual black car. Imagine that with the black roof. Ideal for a Bond villain, I suppose.

Apparently the silver is a new one, not on any other VW. As is the "Stonewash Blue". I like the look of both of these but you do need to see them in the flesh on a car.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Is the Saffron orange only available on the 1st edition? I couldn't see it in the configurator for series cars.

The white interior certainly looks striking - I would like to see it in the flesh but I would probably stay with 'boring' black personally.

Not such an issue in a car I guess, but I spend my working life in cockpits painted matt black to minimise reflections and maximise night vision so I am a bit biased 🙂.

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,155 Posts
Is the Saffron orange only available on the 1st edition? I couldn't see it in the configurator for series cars.

The white interior certainly looks striking - I would like to see it in the flesh but I would probably stay with 'boring' black personally.

Not such an issue in a car I guess, but I spend my working life in cockpits painted matt black to minimise reflections and maximise night vision so I am a bit biased 🙂.
I'm sure that a dark interior helps your night vision in a car as much as in an aircraft. Although there's probably more external random lights to mess up your night vision in typical driving.

The light interiors look really beautiful but I couldn't live with one. Too much work!

·
Registered
416 Posts

Screenshot_20201002-131551_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

·
Registered
193 Posts
Any thoughts on colour combinations?

my preference is :

-glacier white/ Matt black
-Saffron orange / white interior (it has grown on me)
-cant make my mind up between 19” Andoya or 18” east Derry wheels

not keen on any of the bi-colour concepts after having seen in the flesh
look like textured stickers and don’t think they will age well

trying to determine what the style pack is all about on the max - just what do you get for £407 is it just a different coloured mirror?

welcome thoughts/ opinions
Get the wheels that you prefer, I just wanted to let you know I have had no issues with the East Derry tires on my car and I think they look good. Even the 18 inch tires look big, in carparks they look big compared to other car tires such as Volvos or other VW. If they are better or worse than the 19 inch tires, then I have no idea.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Because I am going for the “stonewashed blue metallic” paint, I thought I would do for a lighter interior the “dusty grey dark/ electric white” interior.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I thought the white & orange interior looked a little tacky. The decals on the C-pillar of the first edition also look a bit naff - I wonder if they could be removed with a little heat from a hairdryer? I'm struggling to decide on an exterior colour - none of the metalic or pearlescent options set the heather on fire for me so I'm tempted to go for the Moonstone Grey but I can't make my mind up if it's just a bit too drab & looks as if it's waiting for its top coat to be applied!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I thought the white & orange interior looked a little tacky. The decals on the C-pillar of the first edition also look a bit naff - I wonder if they could be removed with a little heat from a hairdryer? I'm struggling to decide on an exterior colour - none of the metalic or pearlescent options set the heather on fire for me so I'm tempted to go for the Moonstone Grey but I can't make my mind up if it's just a bit too drab & looks as if it's waiting for its top coat to be applied!
I've been told that if I go for a 1st edition, the VW workshop could remove the rear-pillar decals before delivery.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I would never have the white, given that I have two kids under the age of ten. May as well pay the leasing company a wodge of cash at the start of the contract in anticipation of what the little devils will do to it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts