Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there everyone,
long time lurker who's finally registered.

Hope this is ok but Iv'e been looking at ID3 deals and have been offered the following by VW.

Life pro 204bhp
58kWh Battery
4 year pcp
12000 miles per year
GAP insurance
£314

Life pro 143bhp
58kWh Battery
4 Year pcp
12000 miles per year
No GAP insurance
£335

All of the above includes £3000 trade in for my current car.

Would you say this is a good deal as the dealership are saying that tomorrow is the end of the Euro 2020 VW deal and the price may increase.

I will mainly use the car on the motorway and was also wondering if the 204bhp would be better or if not just go for the cheaper deal?

Rather new to this all and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
480 Posts
What’s the total price? Ie the cost without the interest once all the discounts (govt, pcp, euro2020) have been factored in?

Also - did they tell you what the delivery time was (many reports of 12 weeks plus)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

Total price is :-

Life pro 143bhp £31570 (£27999 with grant and euro 2020 event offer)
Life pro 204bhp £33380

Life pro 143 version is ready as it is already here
Life 204bhp will be October/Nov

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Thanks.

Total price is :-

Life pro 143bhp £31570 (£27999 with grant and euro 2020 event offer)
Life pro 204bhp £33380

Life pro 143 version is ready as it is already here
Life 204bhp will be October/Nov
Those prices seem high unless you have specified a number of extra options. Drive The Deal is under 24500 for Life Pro 143.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I ordered mine 4 weeks ago? Had delivery 8-9 days ago. Life pro in stock no alloys. List 30920 Inthink. Ended up getting it for less than £24k. Before any dealer discount you should be getting what I got, which was £2500 govt, £1000 euro2020, £1750 pcp deposit contribution.

So take the list price and knock off £5250 before any negotiations start….

Btw - I test drove the 205 ones (twice) and bought a 150hp one. Not noticed much of a difference in how I’m using it… not quite got the snap when joining a motorway at 60 - but still very fast away from the line. Iirc the torque figures are very similar.

Edit - going by other posts and conversations I got a pretty good deal - but should be able to get close

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
That spec from Drive the Deal would be about 25k. Down side is that it may not be available from stock via DtD. They have removed the 1k Euro discount now as they are saying delivery will be after closing date for that discount (price was 24k last month through DtD with Euro discount).

As motmot has said you should be able to get an even better price if you are happy to negotiate with the dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just had an identical car to this delivered, same model, colour & alloys from Hereford VW for £343 Deposit, £343 Month.

Give them a call, they delivered it 100 miles to me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone, You've been great.

my deals seem overpriced as mentioned. I'll give the Oldham branch a ring tomorrow to discuss and see if they can get it close to the above.

Hopefully so

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've had this one on a Life Pro, with no deposit up front.

I'm a bit confused as to what the 'add charges' are. £25.7k became £29.4k quite subtly. Is that front loaded interest or something else, do you think?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you’re local to Oldham - I’m in S Manc and my deal was from Inchcape in Stockport.
I'm actually in liverpool but don't mind travelling too far. Will keep them in mind as well and see if Oldham can price match etc

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
One final thing and thanks for all your help. It's been invaluable.
Would you get GAP insurance for the car if taking PCP?

·
Registered
548 Posts
You'll get a lot of different responses to that question on here, it's been discussed a lot in the past. Search for GAP insurance in this forum, or probably any other on this site, for the differing points of view :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
One final thing and thanks for all your help. It's been invaluable.
i would firstly check your car insurance as a lot of insurance companies cover the full replacement costs for 12 months if it doesn’t then search the internet as VW wanted over £400 for Gap cover and would not negotiate when we purchased our ID3.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts