Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
ID.3 Tour
646 Posts
You'll be lucky!
The same was said about the pre-booked 1st Edition.... we all know how that turned out.

VW clearly are still not too fussed about selling EV’s as they are the only ones not covered under their ‘price promise’
(IF we impose a 10% import duty on EU cars from 2021 then VW have agreed to cover this 10%)

The ONLY way around not paying this potential extra 10% is to buy a car from stock that can be delivered by31/12/20.

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
8,499 Posts
Buy them now or, or, or .... the dealers will pre-register them and you can buy them as the second owner for a big discount in January. :devilish:

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,975 Posts
Buy them now or, or, or .... the dealers will pre-register them and you can buy them as the second owner for a big discount in January. :devilish:
Can they do that and still help towards this year's emissions targets?
I'm still trying to decide whether to buy one now at a supposedly great discount, or wait for a used one in a year or so.

·
Premium Member
11,644 Posts
Hopefully the offer will be extended though
Unlikely. VW need as many BEVs registered by end of year to reduce their EU emissions fine. Next year UK sales don't count.

As above, I suspect any left unsold will be registered to dealers or VW HQ on 31.12 because AFAIK those will count towards 2020 emissions target, cars have to be "sold" - importing isn't sufficient.

I guess there may be a few available in January, but IIRC most have now sold due to enhanced offers.

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,853 Posts
The same was said about the pre-booked 1st Edition.... we all know how that turned out.

VW clearly are still not too fussed about selling EV’s as they are the only ones not covered under their ‘price promise’
(IF we impose a 10% import duty on EU cars from 2021 then VW have agreed to cover this 10%)

The ONLY way around not paying this potential extra 10% is to buy a car from stock that can be delivered by31/12/20.
How can you possibly say "VW clearly are still not too fussed about selling EV’s"? These discounts are crazy! They have to shift the things!

I'd be interested in knowing if this just a UK thing, or if similar deals are across Europe. I suspect they made a lot more RHD 1.ST Editions than they had pre-bookers.

·
Registered
ID.3 Tour
646 Posts
How can you possibly say "VW clearly are still not too fussed about selling EV’s"? These discounts are crazy! They have to shift the things!

I'd be interested in knowing if this just a UK thing, or if similar deals are across Europe. I suspect they made a lot more RHD 1.ST Editions than they had pre-bookers.
Quite easy, the discounts are available because they are struggling to shift them, they are also no better than the deposit contribution across their whole range.

How else can you explain this?:

1 - 20 of 220 Posts