Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I pro-ordered an ID3 but cancelled my order once I saw the inside. Didn't like the control stalks and also felt the price of the first edition was too high. From what I remember VW are sticking to their schedule so don't expect much before the end of 2020. As for dealer models, well I'm not sure how many would be needed to fill European showrooms but I would guess in the high thousands and VW are not going to make those until they have fulfilled opening orders which will bring them real money. As for comparing margins with Toyota, well Toyota are not making an EV so it's not really a good comparison.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just had an update from Sytner VW. I have a GTE on lease/contract hire direct from VW, and have just extended the lease to end in April 2020. The dealer said practically he does not expect to be able to offer an ID3 on lease before 2021 - so if I want an electric car with a decent range, it's off to another brand. Peugeot e208 suddenly looks good!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Just had an update from Sytner VW. I have a GTE on lease/contract hire direct from VW, and have just extended the lease to end in April 2020. The dealer said practically he does not expect to be able to offer an ID3 on lease before 2021 - so if I want an electric car with a decent range, it's off to another brand. Peugeot e208 suddenly looks good!
Plenty of options coming next year.... Honda E, Mini-e, MG, Corsa e etc

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for suggestions.
Honda and Mini - unclear when they'll actually be available
MG - SUV stance means boot sill too high (I have 2 small/medium sized dogs who'll happily jump into a regular hatchback)
Corsa - I've had one lease quote for that and of course under the skin it is same as a Peugeot e208, which I've been quoted a somewhat lower monthly figure for (£333 vs £437). And I've been promised the Peugeot can be delivered ahead of April 2020.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks for suggestions.
MG - SUV stance means boot sill too high (I have 2 small/medium sized dogs who'll happily jump into a regular hatchback)
Corsa - I've had one lease quote for that and of course under the skin it is same as a Peugeot e208, which I've been quoted a somewhat lower monthly figure for (£333 vs £437). And I've been promised the Peugeot can be delivered ahead of April 2020.
Honda e test drives should be available from March with deliveries in June/July.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I have managed to find a slightly clearer shot at the following link:

What I find interesting is that the car behind is a Golf so it gives an interesting visual comparison of the proportions of the ID3 against the Golf. I hope I stumble on one of these by chance soon.

·
Premium Member
10,456 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,456 Posts
It is weired in the EV world how someone is pointed to totally different cars! Compared to ID3 these are both very small city cars with tiny boots. You might get a small bag of shopping and a chihuahua in the boot.

If I am in my local and say I am thinking of buying a Ford Focus (won't happen but bear with me) my drinking mate doesn't say "nah, you should buy a Smart fortwo".

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
The free loaders won’t like that pod point setup, no rapid charging whilst they sit and pretend to shop in Tesco’s...

·
Premium Member
10,456 Posts
Potters Bar Tesco
Fair enough. Good to see they have tested them on an ID3. Hopefully done same with EH CCS ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I imagine that if this proves popular with consumers then other supermarket chains will have to follow. Interesting enough I spent about 30 mins at Tesco today and got some fuel. I would really love it if in the future I would be putting in some extra electrons instead of petrol.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts