Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations on the best products to clean the dash and door plastics??
Just got a few persistent scuffs and smears that seem hard to clear.
Thanks.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I find that a wet drying towel works well at cleaning the steering wheel and all other plastics. Just chuck in the washing machine on a rinse cycle afterwards.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Any recommendations on the best products to clean the dash and door plastics??
Just got a few persistent scuffs and smears that seem hard to clear.
Thanks.
I get Armorall dash and trim cleaning wipes from Costco - a lot like kiddies wet wipes in a tube that you pull one out as and when you need it - can pull a year's worth of dead skin and wife's hand cream from the leather steering wheel in a minute!

Ever thought of wrapping the black door grabs? Someone on here did a good job of it.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,156 Posts
It’s just cheap hard plastic apparently, so Vim and a scouring pad is all it needs probably.*

I use a micro fiber towel dipped in plain hot water, wrung out and then wiped on the surface in question. I do use some leather cleaner and restorer on the steering wheel too, to prevent it going shiny.

I find all the wipes etc just make things shiny over time, hot water and a cloth seems to shift most things.

* Clearly a joke, please do not do this!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Not sure about anyone else, but I find I keep getting marks on the upper sections of the doors (the hard plastic). They almost look like scuffs, no idea where they come from.

I find wiping them with a damp cloth works to an extent, but the panels seem to be mark magnets.

I’ve had more success using a car dash / plastic cleaner / treatment, but make sure you use a mat one

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure about anyone else, but I find I keep getting marks on the upper sections of the doors (the hard plastic). They almost look like scuffs, no idea where they come from.
Exactly this. Not managed to shift one of the marks. It’s not grazed so a bit of a mystery. Especially as we are ultra careful.

·
EGGY
1,618 Posts
Yup I get them

·
Registered
887 Posts
Mine look like dusty fingerprints on the drivers door. Will have a go at them over the weekend. If you zoom in, you can see them.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The knobbles in the gran pattern look poorly defined, most look flattened. Seems like a moulding release defect.
Interesting zooming in actually. A bit more concerned now! Let’s see if I can improve it…

1 - 18 of 18 Posts