Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a good look around a Life or even a test drive?
If so any view on the quality of the interior and seats?
(I’ve test driven a 1st Edition just wondering if the Life interior will be a significant step down or not!) thanks.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yes I have. Ambient lighting extends from the dashboard to the doors, which is nice. But the interior does look cheap and this is what ultimately changed my decision after putting down a deposit for one last weekend.

The car also does not have a rear armrest (ski hatch) that I use frequently but the real kicker for me was the led reflector headlights. If the car had decent headlights I would be driving round in one right now. I ultimately decided to stick with my car for now and save more for a Business model. I knew that driving round in a Life would be fine for a couple of months but I would slowly start to regret my decision. Have a look on autotrader there is a black Life on there with 50 pictures.

That and the fact that for the last six months I have averaged 16 miles a week and do I really want to pay more for a car that is essentially sat outside my house for five days a week.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Have you seen this from Marcus? his car is the base model 1st not available in the UK but it has similar spec to the Life.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Has anyone had a good look around a Life or even a test drive?
If so any view on the quality of the interior and seats?
(I’ve test driven a 1st Edition just wondering if the Life interior will be a significant step down or not!) thanks.
Seat look similar from the brochure, fabric clearly different. adjustment of head support seams to be missing on standard seats.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I’m in the same dilemma on the life model I think if I’m wavering on the bassi ness of it now it’s gonna grate quite quickly.
What are led reflector headlights exactly?! The trim pattern on the seats also looks a bit naff in the pics to me not sure how it looks in real life? Annoyingly in terms of tech kit etc it’s fine for me it’s the scrimping on trim etc that puts me off

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m in the same dilemma on the life model I think if I’m wavering on the bassi ness of it now it’s gonna grate quite quickly.
What are led reflector headlights exactly?! The trim pattern on the seats also looks a bit naff in the pics to me not sure how it looks in real life? Annoyingly in terms of tech kit etc it’s fine for me it’s the scrimping on trim etc that puts me off
To be honest it’s mainly the Life seat coverings that put me off. Like a American golfer’s shorts from 1972.
This Life is now very reasonably priced but as you say will it grate? Sadly the next trim up Style seems up to 3k dearer.
Maybe best to look at 1st edition deals. Now 124 1st editions on Autotrader!

·
Registered
30 Posts
To be honest it’s mainly the Life seat coverings that put me off. Like a American golfer’s shorts from 1972.
This Life is now very reasonably priced but as you say will it grate? Sadly the next trim up Style seems up to 3k dearer.
Maybe best to look at 1st edition deals. Now 124 1st editions on Autotrader!
Yep exactly this I’m trying to see if my local dealer will bite on a 9k discount (inc grant) on a first edition as a few on here have been offered/ managed this!

·
Registered
10 Posts
we were looking at the life but the interior put us off the seats reminding me of our old 53plate polo's. We bagged a deal on a 1st edition for pretty much the same price total of £9.5k off after some haggling with servicing, full rubber mats and charger included. seemed like a no brainer even with the knowledge they were the first of the production line.

·
Registered
30 Posts
we were looking at the life but the interior put us off the seats reminding me of our old 53plate polo's. We bagged a deal on a 1st edition for pretty much the same price total of £9.5k off after some haggling with servicing, full rubber mats and charger included. seemed like a no brainer even with the knowledge they were the first of the production line.
Great deal and I see the logic, does the 1st come with both chargers and matts as standard? I was hoping they did? (Further Man maths to justify over the life!)

·
Premium Member
4,270 Posts
Great deal and I see the logic, does the 1st come with both chargers and matts as standard? I was hoping they did? (Further Man maths to justify over the life!)
No granny charger as standard with any ID.3, just the 32A type 2 cable.

From empty to full, you’re looking at nearly 30 hours on a 10A charger, which is both slow and asking a lot of your 3 pin socket!

I do have one, but more as a backup in case my Ohme ever gives up the ghost.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It comes with carpet mats as standard but we’re a muddy family and always have rubber mats so asked them to include in the deal.

As stated elsewhere you only get the charge cable not the granny charger. Whilst I have a tethered supply on the drive a like to have a backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 12 of 12 Posts