Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

ID3 reversing camera & front parking sensors

5K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Mo Rafiq 
#1 ·
Hi, can someone please tell me if I have an issue or it’s across the iD3 range.
The reversing camera image displayed on the screen looks like I’m viewing something threw a peephole and the front sensors don’t work unless you’ve been in reverse first or press the “P menu” button.
So if a drive forward out of a tight space the sensors won’t come on.
plus the green lines that are meant to be a guide that line up with the side of the vehicle so you can reverse in a straight line don’t actually line up. 🤔

See less See more
#2 ·
Don't know about the camera as I don't have one but the front sensors should let you know if your really close to something when your parking up without pressing P menu or putting it in reverse. They do come on quite late though which can lead to a few brown alert moments especially if your not expecting it!

#3 ·
Yes I’d assumed they’d come on when doing a slow manoeuvre like moving out of a tight space automatically, but unfortunately they don’t. 😒
if you don’t mind could you take a picture in your car when pulling out of a tight space and the sensor display comes on and posting it here, this way I can ask VW to look into the issue.

#5 ·
They don't come on automatically without going in reverse first, because if they did they'd be all the time at low speeds - like crawling in traffic - more annoying than pressing the P button yourself to let the car know you want your front sensors.

Without having looked, I'd imagine you can set your parking sensors to come on all the time st low speeds, you could on my 2019 Polo GTI+ and on my 2019 A4 they were annoyingly on by default at every set of lights or congestion, bleeping away.
I'm not sure that's fully accurate, my front parking sensors always come on without reverse, however I have to be extremely close for them to start beeping so it may be automatically adjusting to stop the 'annoying' situation.

#6 ·
I'm not sure that's fully accurate, my front parking sensors always come on without reverse, however I have to be extremely close for them to start beeping so it may be automatically adjusting to stop the 'annoying' situation.
On the A4, they used to come on if you spent more than a few seconds under 10mph. On my ID3, they don't come on by themselves unless I've selected reverse first or pressed P (which is how I like them to operate). I'm sure you can set them to come on by themselves when certain speed criteria are met. Every VAG car I've had since 2013 has had that adjustability for the front sensors.

#9 ·
The field of view is correct for sure. Not sure if you have 360 cameras but it looks like the rear portion of a 360 view to me.

If you think the camera is pointing to the left or right, get it checked by a dealer. It’s probably easier to test it in a bay yourself first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.