Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would start a thread on order tracking for series models:

Can you please post your order date, model ordered and key tracking dates, build estimated date delivery etc

I ordered an ID3 MAX on 26th October
No tracking info as yet but estimated delivery by end of the year

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wow that’s not bad at all for a new car launch. Demand can’t be that high!
I have just driven 500 miles for work over the last 3 days. In that time the total EVs I saw were 4 Tesla’s, 3 Leafs and 1 ID3.
My local dealer had no bookings over the week for ID3 test drives, I could pick any time I wanted.
We have a loooong way to go in the UK. I suspect we are more price driven than most...

·
Registered
454 Posts
Wow that’s not bad at all for a new car launch. Demand can’t be that high!
When I called our local dealer the day before launch they ran through what VW had allocated them. Think there were 10 cars in all mainly Life and Family.

2 x Life were due in the following week. The rest within 4 to 8 weeks.

When we went to test drive we were shown 2 new unsold Firsts ready to go.

Then we drove their demo. Then we were shown PCP and lease options. Then we ordered an e-Niro instead which arrives Tuesday.

It’s only a matter of time before they drop these ridiculous leasing prices or better support PCP, or supply terms or volume discount to third party lease firms.
Otherwise I suspect they’ll find themselves with quite a bit of stock.
...or perhaps they’re banking on the arrival of negative interest rates.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Pricing for a 62 kWh ID3 Life now seems competitive. Getting offers of £25500 on Carwow (requiring PCP). Spec might be viewed as fairly basic, but if we can resist the temptation of options, it represents good value for a 250 mile range car. Would seem to give Kona and eNiro a real challenge. One dealer said they think delivery before Christmas is possible. Interesting.

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,144 Posts
Pricing for a 62 kWh ID3 Life now seems competitive. Getting offers of £25500 on Carwow (requiring PCP). Spec might be viewed as fairly basic, but if we can resist the temptation of options, it represents good value for a 250 mile range car. Would seem to give Kona and eNiro a real challenge. One dealer said they think delivery before Christmas is possible. Interesting.
Life and Family models are in stock in the UK. Business and Tech coming mid December.

Can we get the battery capacity quoted consistently? VW quote the mid-sized battery as 58kWh net, which is less confusing than 62kWh.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
What are the PCP upfront and monthly, payments and mileage pa?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its a January Build date for my MAX :( so unfortunately won't make the deal.
Hopefully there will be another sales initiative after 21st Dec. (Fingers crossed)

Got the order number for VW order tracking but looks like VW are ending the online order tracking service.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts