Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 621 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to start a new thread on ID3 series orders methinks!

I've ordered an ID3 Life in white with 19 inch alloys and black/grey interior from Cambridge VW.
Outline delivery for 'before end of year'...

My first EV so excited to see how this pans out!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Interesting price comparison.

·
Registered
609 Posts
There is nothing on the VW UK website all they are saying is - sign up for our Electric Vehicles newsletter and we will let you know when the ID.3 series models open for orders.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Time to start a new thread on ID3 series orders methinks!

I've ordered an ID3 Life in white with 19 inch alloys and black/grey interior from Cambridge VW.
Outline delivery for 'before end of year'...

My first EV so excited to see how this pans out!
Should have said this is the 58kWh 204bhp mid battery version....

·
Registered
854 Posts
Where are the details about the other versions that'll be available in the UK? On VW website I only saw details of the 1st edition.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I asked my local dealer on Friday when the Tour edition can be ordered, and he queried it with VW UK. The message he got back was that at the moment the only trim level you can be put on the waiting list for or order is the 1st Edition, and that the line Editions are only available to show interest in, but it does look like they will be open to general order at week 40 (w/c 28th Sept). Having said that, based on messages on this forum, some dealers - Cambridge VW is usually mentioned - do seem to be already signing up orders with customers themselves.

·
Registered
2018 e-Golf
770 Posts
are you sure they have actually ordered it? i hazard a guess they have just taken your details and will order it when they can

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cambridge VW are quoting prices and taking (£1k) deposits for ID3 series orders. I put that deposit down and signed an
order. They made it clear this will go on their internal system and will be transferred to the VW ordering system as soon as its made available for series orders.

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,339 Posts
Cambridge VW are quoting prices and taking (£1k) deposits for ID3 series orders. I put that deposit down and signed an
order. They made it clear this will go on their internal system and will be transferred to the VW ordering system as soon as its made available for series orders.
Would you mind revealing how much you are paying for your order?

Just come back from crawling all over a 1st Edition in the showroom at VW Skipton. They said that they have no price or brochure details for the other models yet.

They have promised me a test drive when their road demonstrator arrives in early October.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Cambridge VW either have (I hope) internal visibility of VW series pricing or are winging it and will try and correct later. Clearly if they are signing contracts they are taking a risk if pricing is higher than they are quoting.
Aside from that you are relying on them populating the official VW ordering system rapidly.
Not quite sure what the advantage is in going on their internal ordering system tbh.
People seem to be going this route because VW dealerships are so poor at professionally communicating.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Would you mind revealing how much you are paying for your order?

Just come back from crawling all over a 1st Edition in the showroom at VW Skipton. They said that they have no price or brochure details for the other models yet.

They have promised me a test drive when their road demonstrator arrives in early October.
They are quoting £29,990 for a 58kWk 204bhp Life, plus £620 for white paint.
Alloys are another £1100 or so.

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,339 Posts
They are quoting £29,990 for a 58kWk 204bhp Life, plus £620 for white paint.
Alloys are another £1100 or so.
Thanks that's most interesting. Any idea what the free colour is or how much metallic paint costs?

·
Registered
2017 Golf GTE
2,339 Posts
Oh, another interesting statement by Skipton was that there would be no full purchases. Only PCP or PHP. Notionally so that VW would control the future second hand market.

An interesting twist, if accurate!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks that's most interesting. Any idea what the free colour is or how much metallic paint costs?
The free colour is grey and there are free 18 inch steel wheels. Not sure of any other pricing as they quoted against my requirement.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Oh, another interesting statement by Skipton was that there would be no full purchases. Only PCP or PHP. Notionally so that VW would control the future second hand market.

I hope not 😡
Much as I love my eGolf I'm starting to give serious consideration to upgrading a bit earlier than planned to get more range and an id3 is well up the potential replacement list.

I am not willing to go down the PCP or lease line, it's a way that dealers/manufacturers force you to "upgrade" when they want you to, rather than when you need/want to, as a way to keep a ready supply of people ordering brand new cars.

·
Registered
164 Posts

Not sure how you can control the second hand market and offer PCP...

·
Registered
854 Posts
Not sure how you can control the second hand market and offer PCP...
Salesman said to me they were going to be pushing lease rather than PCP. And that PCP was going to be expensive. At that point I wasn't actually paying proper attention, but I'm pretty sure he quoted well over £600pcm.

1 - 20 of 621 Posts