Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
ID.3 & ID.3
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this should be in the General Charging Forum?

I am having issues charging the ID3 at home. It starts fine charging at just over 7kWh but after about 10-15 minutes it drops down to 3.5kWh. In the car app you could see it started out at 33mph and then went down to 17mph. It is on a low SoC so that shouldn't be a factor.

I have checked that the car is not set to the reduce AC charging option (in fact when I do switch that on it drops from 17mph to 8mph).

The light bar along the from has the green pulsating light bulb also a red section on the far left hand side (not sure if that is by design or if that is a warning of some kind?).

When we had the Leaf and the Zoe, they always charged at the full 7kWh.

Here are a few screenshots.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
ID.3 & ID.3
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm referring to the red led's in the ID3 on the left of the windscreen, it's shown in the picture above with the ambulance in it.
Indeed. I meant that I never had the situation with either the Zoe or the Leaf where it would only charge at 3.5 kWh rather than the full 7.7kWh….no matter what the SOC was on either of them.

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
632 Posts
Do you have any locations set for the charge timers? They seem to cause issues in some cars and need deleting not just switching off of they are causing a problem.
I would agree with this. Many people have problems with low charging rates when using in car charging via ‘locations’. I would delete any settings there and try again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for your replies - much appreciated. Am I right in thinking that this is the only way to schedule charging - so just to go through the process again? I have an old dumb wallbox so don't have any other method of timing the charge.

·
Registered
ID3 1st Edition in Glacier White
632 Posts
Thanks for your replies - much appreciated. Am I right in thinking that this is the only way to schedule charging - so just to go through the process again? I have an old dumb wallbox so don't have any other method of timing the charge.
Via ‘locations’ is the only way of implementing a charging schedule with a dumb charger. Sadly, it is buggy and commonly under charges to the specified schedule.
There’s a thread, or two, on the trials and tribulations… but basically VW need to fix it.
others may be able to add more as I use scheduling via a smart charger (when OctopusEnergy is messing things up anyway…)

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,975 Posts
I tried the location settings early on a couple of times but they affected the charge speed was all over the place so I use the timers on my charge point instead.

We have an e-Golf and the timers on that don't work as they should either. I tried them again recently but once I add in off peak charging times it gets confused so I don't have too high an expectation of then getting sorted on the ID3 any time soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts