Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Id3 sos error

16K views 30 replies 6 participants last post by  vsmith1 
#1 ·
My ID.3 seemed to have developed the SOS error, and isn't resetting itself overnight. Complete with red light in the roof panel. However, the 4G signal level display is working normally.

Is this combination normal? I got the impression that the SOS error went alongside with loss of 4G too.
I’ve had this error too (SOS error take car to workshop etc..) for the last 4-5 days. 4G working fine - can check car status etc… Anyone else had this - does it need to be checked into the dealer?

#10 ·
My car is now in having this looked at. The guy on the desk said its a common error amongst all VW's at the moment. They are a bit dealer (Inchcape, Manchester) but said they were getting 5-10 cars a day in for this.

They will try a software update/fix (ha - wait to see what this is) but said it was unlikely to fix it - and they were waiting for VW to issue a recall over it.

I'll wait and see what happens when I pick it up later. We'll see....

#12 ·
My car went in monday with this. No surprise it needs a new control unit - now on order. On collection had to sign a piece of paper acknowledging I was aware that in the event of crash the SoS function would not work!

#19 ·
I finally got my car into the garage...

Since booking, the comms unit that started with just an SOS error, then lost 4G... then after a week got 4G back.

Garage reckons it needs a new comms unit, and replacements are "available". So should be just a few days to booking it in again.

In investigating, they managed to reset the car back to factory settings, so everything lost. And the car was thrown out of my online account, so the app started playing up, and needed reinstalling and reregistering from scratch.

At least I now have map 21.8, but I suspect I lost my place in the 2.3 rollout.

#20 ·
I got my car back from the garage yesterday after having the SoS warning light fixed by a replacement comms unit. Luckily no resets or anything of settings, although I almost expected some as after applying the fix for the SoS warning, on the test drive they found that the odometer was then not giving a read out. It took them an extra two days to resolve that.

I think a reset would cause some issues with the 2.3 rollout, a dis-enrolment, so best to contact VW digital support on this email address: iddirect@volkswagen.de letting them know what has happened.

#24 ·
After a few months of bug free life, including a successful OTA update to 2.3, I now have this SOS error and the red light.

Is a trip to the dealer the only solution? From what I can see on this forum and others pulling fuses doesn't solve anything.

My first few months with this car, it was in the dealership more than in my possession so I will do anything to avoid taking it back again!

#28 ·
Same for me as motmot. A 2 stage fix.

The garage told me previously that they can't do anything without sending diagnostic logs to Germany. And they need the car in the workshop to do that.

The second trip is because the part needs to be ordered... because there isn't enough stock that can be couriered locally in time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.