Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
VW ID3 Tour - Stonewashed Blue Metallic
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure plenty of other people have been asking the same but do we have a definitive answer on what the rear seats in the ID3 Tour look like? After watching Battery Life's video of him driving a prototype 77kwh car it appears that it still has a rear bench but is simply missing a middle headrest and seatbelt (difficult to spot and he wasn't allowed talk about it). Volkswagen still haven't released any photos of the Tour model which is quite odd as multiple people (myself included) are expecting to have their cars built in January. Can anyone else confirm??

·
Registered
VW ID3 Tour
1,638 Posts
If you look on VW Tour specs it says - Unsplit rear seat bench, split folding backrest, with center armrest.

·
Registered
2015 Golf Match Bluemotion 1.0 TSI
105 Posts
Weight saving as has the 77kwh battery. Tour also doesn't appear to have panoramic roof - guess also weight saving??

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,684 Posts
I think that people ordering the Tour need to be sure they really need the bigger battery.

If you are doing 300+ mile journeys regularly, you might be better off in a Tesla Model 3 which is nearly the same money (I can't believe I just wrote that 😂).

Edit: What am I saying? Wait for an ID.4

·
Registered
Kona64
1,648 Posts
Wonder why it's a 4seater not 5 seatbelts.
Toyota did the same with their v2 PHEV Prius , which was apparently due to battery size.

Also I see in the Brochure Specs you can't have the bike rack tow bar on the 77 model.

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,684 Posts
Wonder why it's a 4seater not 5 seatbelts.
Toyota did the same with their v2 PHEV Prius , which was apparently due to battery size.

Also I see in the Brochure Specs you can't have the bike rack tow bar on the 77 model.
It's about weight. Only having 4 seats means you can't put an extra 80kg human in the back.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I can't see this bigger battery version competing well with the Tesla Model 3 if it's the same sort of money. Apart from the arguably better build quality of the ID.3 and the fact it's a hatchback, the Tesla is better in almost all other ways.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think that people ordering the Tour need to be sure they really need the bigger battery.

If you are doing 300+ mile journeys regularly, you might be better off in a Tesla Model 3 which is nearly the same money (I can't believe I just wrote that 😂).

Edit: What am I saying? Wait for an ID.4
I test drove the model 3 and didnt feel it would stand the test of time. Ultimately went for the tour with the bigger battery, compromise was the Max sunroof. Thinking was that I intend to keep the car for a long time (10/15 years) and would like the headroom in the battery to protect against future battery degradation.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I can't see this bigger battery version competing well with the Tesla Model 3 if it's the same sort of money. Apart from the arguably better build quality of the ID.3 and the fact it's a hatchback, the Tesla is better in almost all other ways.
If you’re going to compare the ID3 tour with the Mode 3 in range terms, then it really has to be the LR+

My ID3 Tour with Heat Pump and metallic paint - just under £36,000

Model 3 LR+ with ‘solid paint’ - just under £48,000

For someone who has never bought a new car and was thinking c£30k on a Golf was a fair bit to be spending, the jump to £36k was already a fair leap, but the toys and extra range on the Tour made me feel it was worth it.

I might have liked DCC, having 4 seats not an issue for me. Panoramic sunroof might have been nice. I realise there are other things the M3 has (all wheel drive for one).

For me, other than a £12k price difference it came down to two other things. The insurance on a Model 3 would have been (at least for me) 80% more. The Model 3 doesn’t have CarPlay - no matter how good the car was in every other way, that would annoy me every time I got in to it. Can’t just pick up listening to an album / podcast I had on at home, use the maps I want to, or other streaming apps.

I realise the Model 3 is better in many ways, great car no doubt about it, just not the one for me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you’re going to compare the ID3 tour with the Mode 3 in range terms, then it really has to be the LR+

My ID3 Tour with Heat Pump and metallic paint - just under £36,000

Model 3 LR+ with ‘solid paint’ - just under £48,000

For someone who has never bought a new car and was thinking c£30k on a Golf was a fair bit to be spending, the jump to £36k was already a fair leap, but the toys and extra range on the Tour made me feel it was worth it.

I might have liked DCC, having 4 seats not an issue for me. Panoramic sunroof might have been nice. I realise there are other things the M3 has (all wheel drive for one).

For me, other than a £12k price difference it came down to two other things. The insurance on a Model 3 would have been (at least for me) 80% more. The Model 3 doesn’t have CarPlay - no matter how good the car was in every other way, that would annoy me every time I got in to it. Can’t just pick up listening to an album / podcast I had on at home, use the maps I want to, or other streaming apps.

I realise the Model 3 is better in many ways, great car no doubt about it, just not the one for me.
At £36k I agree with you - but I thought the larger battery version (is that the Tour?) was well over £40k.

·
Registered
225 Posts
At £36k I agree with you - but I thought the larger battery version (is that the Tour?) was well over £40k.
Prices as quoted by manufacturers:

MR SR+ with any colour other than white - £47K

ID3 Tour with heat pump and metallic paint - £41K

Both of those are after the PICG.

However, on the ID3 Tour you can (currently) also get £2.5K PCP deposit contribution and - by going through a broker - another £2K off. Others have got similar discounts directly from certain dealers.

I did have the price wrong for my ID3 - it’s £36,500 rather than £36,000. I also had the M3 SR+ with solid paint at £48k rather than £47k.

So it’s £10.5k difference rather than £12k.

·
Registered
ID3 MAX
186 Posts
However, on the ID3 Tour you can (currently) also get £2.5K PCP deposit contribution and - by going through a broker - another £2K off. Others have got similar discounts directly from certain dealers.
You can in theory - But in reality the car needs to be delivered by 31st Dec to meet the T&C of the VWFS deposit contribution (check the requirements )However VW only start building the ID3 TOUR from Week 4 2021 so it will be interesting to see how this pans out.

I have a vested interest as as I am in a similar position with my ID3 MAX order (week 51 build) so also won't be here until next year but retailer was able to propose the PCP arrangement with the £2500 VSFX Deposit contribution. Again will need to see how this develops. (Fingers crossed that it may still. be honoured)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts