Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of our ID4 Life Pro performance last week. Very happy with it so far. However it doesn’t have a reversing camera despite this being in the spec on the website and the one supplied by the dealer. Pretty sure the demonstrator we tried out had a camera too so we are going to raise this with VW and see if it can be retrofitted. Anyone have a life model with a camera?

·
Registered
2021 VW ID.4 1st Edition
12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I do have the rear camera and all models of VW’s ID.4 being sold in the US have the rear camera.

However, I believe the ID.4 Life in the UK does NOT have the rear camera. See the specs listed in this document…

In the “Drivers Assist” section the 1st Edition shows a rear view camera but the Life does not.
On page 13 this list out the standard specification for the Life model, it is listed in the most right column.

Assistance pack:
– Keyless access and Keyless Go
– Rear-view camera

This is a July price list, not sure when the OP ordered the car, rear camera might not have been standard a few months ago. I recall the "City" trim model was introduced in May which didn't have a rear camera.

·
Registered
2021 VW ID.4 1st Edition
12 Posts
I think the “packs” are extra add-ons, but as this is a model not sold in the US I am out of my element!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Which month did you order your car? In May, VW launched the City trim as the base (lowest cost) ID4 which didn't have a rear camera.
In June VW discontinued the city trim and the Life model became the lowest cost ID 4 and it has a rear camera based on the June 2021 price list.

·
Registered
637 Posts
It’s normal for the marketing docs to have E&OE in them to try to make any errors non-contractual.

Whats in the contract and order bundle you signed?

·
Registered
ID.4 Life Pure
55 Posts
I ordered the City in May. It was changed to Life Pure automatically and I do have the rear view camera. Took delivery last week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On page 13 this list out the standard specification for the Life model, it is listed in the most right column.

Assistance pack:
– Keyless access and Keyless Go
– Rear-view camera

This is a July price list, not sure when the OP ordered the car, rear camera might not have been standard a few months ago. I recall the "City" trim model was introduced in May which didn't have a rear camera.
We bought our New ID.4 City(in Ireland) last week. Which doesn't have rear view camera. Earlier we thought to go for Life or Style, but due to stock availability we finally took ID.4 City(Pure model). But to install rear view camera I personally order one from poland and have it ready to install soon.
Question, is anyone installed rear view camera on ID.4 (especially City/pure model)please..

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’m still waiting for my life to be ready, but I questioned the camera and was told it does have the rear camera as standard.
the city model does not (I originally went for the city but upgraded to the life)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We took delivery of an ID4 Life Pro performance in July and it didn’t have a rear camera despite the configurator in the dealership and the UK VW website at the time showing it did. Have complained to the dealer and VW and will push for it to be retrofitted although I suspect all we will get is some compensation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts