Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of our ID4 Life Pro performance last week. Very happy with it so far. However it doesn’t have a reversing camera despite this being in the spec on the website and the one supplied by the dealer. Pretty sure the demonstrator we tried out had a camera too so we are going to raise this with VW and see if it can be retrofitted. Anyone have a life model with a camera?

·
Registered
2021 VW ID.4 1st Edition
17 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I do have the rear camera and all models of VW’s ID.4 being sold in the US have the rear camera.

However, I believe the ID.4 Life in the UK does NOT have the rear camera. See the specs listed in this document…

In the “Drivers Assist” section the 1st Edition shows a rear view camera but the Life does not.
On page 13 this list out the standard specification for the Life model, it is listed in the most right column.

Assistance pack:
– Keyless access and Keyless Go
– Rear-view camera

This is a July price list, not sure when the OP ordered the car, rear camera might not have been standard a few months ago. I recall the "City" trim model was introduced in May which didn't have a rear camera.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Which month did you order your car? In May, VW launched the City trim as the base (lowest cost) ID4 which didn't have a rear camera.
In June VW discontinued the city trim and the Life model became the lowest cost ID 4 and it has a rear camera based on the June 2021 price list.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On page 13 this list out the standard specification for the Life model, it is listed in the most right column.

Assistance pack:
– Keyless access and Keyless Go
– Rear-view camera

This is a July price list, not sure when the OP ordered the car, rear camera might not have been standard a few months ago. I recall the "City" trim model was introduced in May which didn't have a rear camera.
We bought our New ID.4 City(in Ireland) last week. Which doesn't have rear view camera. Earlier we thought to go for Life or Style, but due to stock availability we finally took ID.4 City(Pure model). But to install rear view camera I personally order one from poland and have it ready to install soon.
Question, is anyone installed rear view camera on ID.4 (especially City/pure model)please..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We took delivery of an ID4 Life Pro performance in July and it didn’t have a rear camera despite the configurator in the dealership and the UK VW website at the time showing it did. Have complained to the dealer and VW and will push for it to be retrofitted although I suspect all we will get is some compensation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We took delivery of an ID4 Life Pro performance in July and it didn’t have a rear camera despite the configurator in the dealership and the UK VW website at the time showing it did. Have complained to the dealer and VW and will push for it to be retrofitted although I suspect all we will get is some compensation.
Hi I’m in the same boat, took delivery last week but no camera. I have been offered a full refund or yet to be determined compensation be interested in your outcome

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi I’m in the same boat, took delivery last week but no camera. I have been offered a full refund or yet to be determined compensation be interested in your outcome
Mine is ready to collect from Friday. Did you let the head office know? Because when I spoke to them probably just a month ago, they were not aware that the life’s were coming out without the rear camera. They assured me that it will have it.

·
Registered
ID.4 Life Pure
288 Posts
How on earth is this happening from a manufacturing perspective. As I put before, I originally ordered the City which knowingly didn't have a camera, got pushed to Life during build without notification and got the camera. I took delivery in July. Strange how they appear to be different each time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Update - mine came with the camera. It also came with the tow bar that we added (for bikes). I was told that out of three the same spec, mine was the only one to turn up with what had been asked for at the time of order.
Guess we were the lucky one!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Took delivery of our ID4 Life Pro performance last week. Very happy with it so far. However it doesn’t have a reversing camera despite this being in the spec on the website and the one supplied by the dealer. Pretty sure the demonstrator we tried out had a camera too so we are going to raise this with VW and see if it can be retrofitted. Anyone have a life model with a camera?
We got ours yesterday ... no camera. My husband is on the phone to the dealer. They are basically saying there is nothing they can do..it can't be retrofitted. The best they can do is give us a charging cable for free...not good enough. Hope other people have a better outcome.

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,910 Posts
We got ours yesterday ... no camera. My husband is on the phone to the dealer. They are basically saying there is nothing they can do..it can't be retrofitted. The best they can do is give us a charging cable for free...not good enough. Hope other people have a better outcome.
It can be retrofitted, at least on the ID.3.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts