Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Tesla Model S 70
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi -

[edit - perhaps this is already done. If so, could someone please mention which apps might have this feature?]

A feature I'd like to see in EVSE apps and related online websites would be to would be to allow drivers to "vote" for where they'd like to see stations. Perhaps for example drivers could get 5 votes which they could change over time, as needed. One of the reasons I think this could help make an app successful and widely used, if implemented well, would be that it allows for increased driver engagement in using the product. It might also be modified to create monetizable (word?) information that could be sold to EVSE networks and other businesses. As well, to accompany this feature, I think it could be a good idea to have a dedicated ongoing forum for discussion of the ongoing voting. Anyway, it's not possible to know all the ins and outs of what could work and not work as a company rolls with the punches, but as a user I can say this is a feature I'd like to use.

Background: - I started using EVSE locator apps about 8 years ago. Plugshare.com became my favorite, at the time. Scroll ahead to today and there seem to be more apps and some competition, but a feature allowing drivers to record their views as to where they'd like to see stations does not seem to be coming up (as far as I can tell). I guess I'll say I'm disappointed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts