Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Where is witchfinder wrong? Alameda county has the final say on whether the factory reopens. Musk can contest that through proper channels but instead has decided to just reopen

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
The thing is that this isn't just elon being elon, this is a public demonstration of a private company taking on the government (I know not really, but you know what I mean) - and if he gets away with it, then kiss goodbye to any form of public control over private interests - EOTW on it's way.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,758 Posts
The thing is that this isn't just elon being elon, this is a public demonstration of a private company taking on the government (I know not really, but you know what I mean) - and if he gets away with it, then kiss goodbye to any form of public control over private interests - EOTW on it's way.
All other car plants in the US are allowed to open, apart from his factory.

What would you do in his shoes?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I'm not saying that he's not got a point, just that it's going to set a precedent if he gets away with it - a very public precedent - that will be used to push the envelope again and again.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Did you read all of his points, or just one tweet in isolation?
Which ones?
The ones where he threw his toys out the pram and promised to relocate the factory?
Or the one where he says he’s selling his properties to focus on Mars.
I mean he may have valid points and a good plan to protect his workforce but ignoring the authorities isn’t the same as contesting their decisions through the legal system.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,758 Posts
I mean he may have valid points and a good plan to protect his workforce but ignoring the authorities isn’t the same as contesting their decisions through the legal system.
He is contesting it through the legal system. That's the point.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
17,758 Posts
A quote from the legal action:

“Alameda County has expressly recognized and publicized that “businesses may . . . operate to manufacture” batteries and electric vehicles,” the complaint reads. “Inexplicably, however, the Third Order as well as County officials have simultaneously insisted that Tesla must remain shuttered, thereby further compounding the ambiguity, confusion and irrationality surrounding Alameda County’s position as to whether Tesla may resume manufacturing activities at its Fremont Factory and elsewhere in the County.”

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
He is contesting it through the legal system. That's the point.

I know he’s contesting it though the courts. That is what he should do I’m with him on that.
Ignoring the authorities and opening the factory isn’t the same.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
He has a healthy disregard for authority. Maybe that’s what makes him a success.
I really think however that he’d do better not to take on the SEC and local authorities quite so often.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
for now California, next the world - elon for world president - bring on the new world order - let the citizens discover thier true slave status hideen behind middle class'ness for too long.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts