Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Leaf lover
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you might suspect I am dubious to the advantages of grants and such like offered by governments but if it is part of the deal I am not going to refuse it. However if you had the job of reviewing our one, what would you change if at all?

There is a hope that Nissan will offer different size battery packs on future models. Should we have a grant system geared to battery capacity? £100/kwh?

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
I don't think so, purely because it will just confuse customers. It will also mean some cars like a Tesla Model S will receive a much larger grant than a Nissan LEAF, which seems unfair.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I dont think a monetary grant of any type works, the car vendors just increase the price of the vehicle by the amount of the grant,so only they benefit. The incentives should be for the owner/driver.

As discussed on other threads, free parking, free toll road/bridges bus lane access etc

I would go further I would put in place a EV only tariff that the electricity companies are forced to carry that is even lower than economy 7.

The current grant seems to be a waste of time, its not converting enough people to EVs so you have to get radical. Giving free parking and tolls probably costs a lot less than the 5000 grant,which I suspect is more like £10000 by the time its administered by the civil service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts