Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any car, past or current. The vehicle would have similar speed and spec to it's original version. The vehicles would have 200 miles range. The vehicles are free, and you can have two.

What would you choose?

Me...

Probably a VW split screen camper of some shape or form.

And a MINI (new style I'm afraid) of some shape or form too, probably a MINI Works GP type.

Any advances on that?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
If I could choose an EV version of any car without paying... then the Tesla S would be my choice.. nothing else appeals to me as much! I'm a gadget/tech lover and nothing comes near the Tesla.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Interesting choice Paul - the contrast in noise would lend a whole new character to the 'Dub.

I'll need to ponder this - in the meantime, I've long thought that an EV Bond Bug would make an interesting retrospective alternative to the Twizy :)

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's a few others I could have chosen easily, but I've been such a long-time fan of both of those...

I'm also assuming our family can have four cars, as my wife will get to select two as well. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Having had a thought, I reckon an electric Citroen DS would provide the ultimate in style, comfort and serenity :cool:

As for my other choice, I suppose that since my twitter bio ends with the words "Wants a Morgan", then it must be an electric Mog - the Plus E concept from a couple of years ago would do very nicely.

Any other thoughts....?

·
Registered
37 Posts
An EV Smart Roadster - not the most premium car for sure - but the most fun to drive!

You can convert an old Smart Roadster into EV (it's been done a couple of times), but the conversion cost was €30,000 last time I checked.

*sigh*

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I have a really soft spot for those bonkers 70s supercars from my first ever pack of Top Trumps circa 1979. De Tomaso Pantera or Mangusta, Monteverdi Hai, Maserati Bora etc. Would love to see one of those given the treatment.

Reactions: TimJMS

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
EV version of the BMW i8 with your performance parameters would be my number one choice. In fact BMW would have already had the order straight after the test drive! I'd need a family car so that would be the Mercedes 6 x 6 'EV'G-Wagen. With a truckman top. Classy;)

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Ferrari Daytona Spider. I loved that car. Almost made a kit car version out of my old Rover SD1!

BMW e39 Touring 540i. Last of the beautiful 5 series BMW's (in my opinion of course)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts