Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys.
As you might know Nissan is using Mobileye technology for upcoming Pro-Pilot advanced driver assistance system. If you can't wait for it - you can have some of the features in your current car using stand alone Mobileye 630 system.

Here is my three minute demonstration of this system installed in 2015 Nissan Leaf tekna:

Price including installation was quite steep: 920 euro (yes I had to pay in euro not pounds), but very happy with it.

Cheers,
Irek

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like it works pretty well at what it does, but it would drive me absolutely mental!
Hehe, all alerts are customisable and can be muted individually.
For example you can specify to warn you if car in front is below 0.8sec instead of my setting of 1s.
Or you can disable lane departure warning if tend to change lanes without indicators.
Some features (like lane departure warning) activate only when you're going fast (so changing lanes in slow traffic is not triggering alarms).

Video was made using go-pro and it distorts the perspective, in all cases I was very close to the car in front before it activates. Overall I get around one warning a week (typically when someone will overtake me and pull in front at unsafe distance). My wife gets few more (as she is not as gentle as I'm).

Cheers,
Irek

1 - 3 of 3 Posts