Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you use Twitter then don't forget that you can tweet with hash tag #ukcharge your charging experiences to let others know which charging stations are working and where there might be problems.

I find this a great way to hear about any issues people are having with charging when out and about.

It also gives the charging network operators a heads-up on problems although we must still use the appropriate reporting process to report problems as there is no guarantee that problems will definitely get picked up by the operators just from Twitter. They each have their own reporting process and we must use that if we want to see things fixed.

:)

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
If you use Twitter then don't forget that you can tweet with hash tag #ukcharge your charging experiences to let others know which charging stations are working and where there might be problems.

I find this a great way to hear about any issues people are having with charging when out and about.

It also gives the charging network operators a heads-up on problems although we must still use the appropriate reporting process to report problems as there is no guarantee that problems will definitely get picked up by the operators just from Twitter. They each have their own reporting process and we must use that if we want to see things fixed.

:)
Also,if visiting Northern Ireland,you can also find #nicharge in use!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Whilst I agree this is a great way to report faulty equipment to the respective companies - I find that using this as a way of conveying information to other EV users is pretty poor at best.

I, and I suspect others, don't have time to search all the various tweets with a specific hashtag to try find ones the are relevant to the location we're concerned about - it's just not an efficient method for sharing experiences.

What I find much more useful, and user friendly, are apps like Plugshare. It allows you to 'check in' each time you use a charge location, and it maintains a record of all past checkins. When out and about, this allows me to determine the approximate state of a charger based on the date and time of other checkins (plus user comments per checkin).

I have also set up alerts for my local chargers, which means I'll get notifications on my phone each time a positive or negative review is added, or even a new picture. Extremely useful.

I'd highly recommend Plugshare. The more users there are, the more accuracy it has. I've certainly noticed recently I'm getting more frequent notifications - hopefully a sign of increased user base!

Happy charging.

Reactions: Pete S and E Geeza

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dell is using Twitter as their ONLY way to contact customer services now. I find this hard to believe but it is true. I had to get a PC monitor replaced under warranty and they would only communicate with my via Twitter!!!

·
The best there is at what I do
10,674 Posts
Dell is using Twitter as their ONLY way to contact customer services now. I find this hard to believe but it is true. I had to get a PC monitor replaced under warranty and they would only communicate with my via Twitter!!!
They would have great difficulty contacting me by Twitter, I don't have an account for that or any other social media, I'm a recluse FFS :p

·
Registered
443 Posts
The "contact us" page on their website would beg to differ.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The "contact us" page on their website would beg to differ.
Yeh, right... when did you last try to contact Dell for a warranty claim through the web site?

I used that contact page... several times. I got a reference code... several times. I got no reply. I tried to call... several times. I left messages... no return call.

Eventually, after several weeks trying, I decided enough was enough and I Twittered that I would never buy Dell again. Guess what? I got a reply Tweet from @DellCares (interesting Twitter id!) saying they would resolve my issue.

I don't report warranty issues via Twitter. It is a social media site and not an official support channel... but it is with Dell. I said I wanted to make a warranty claim and asked them for an email address or web address so I could report it. They said their official channel was Twitter and I was to do all the reporting there. I initially refused. I wanted an official channel where there was a proper log and audit of correspondence etc. They refused.

In the end I had no choice... accept Twitter or not get my monitor replaced.

This is all on Twitter if anyone wishes to check out the Tweets.

·
Registered
443 Posts
About 2 months ago. Got a replacement printer through warranty.

Called them up, the next day they delivered a higher spec replacement at no extra cost.

Before that, when my xps screen had a dead zone on the touchscreen... sent someone to my house to replace the screen

Every company has customer support horror stories, but it's factually inaccurate that you can ONLY talk to them via twitter, despite that being your past experience.

*sorry for all the edits. Changed the wrong bit of text

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well perhaps it has changed :)

Perhaps they were spinning me a line.

Either way... no Twitter... no warranty replacement.

Make up your own minds :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts