Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just popped in to Ikea in Coventry on the way home for a quick charge - it was going to be a bit hit and miss if I would make it home without a top up!

Spoke to some of the staff tidying trollies etc, who said that the charger isn't used very often.

The charging is on the ground level of the car park, in the "back corner" of the car park.

It told me my Plugged in Midlands card was invalid, which is a concern as I'll need it on Saturday....

My Ecotricity worked fine,

I did spot that it only charged at 105 amps, whereas it charged at 136 amps at the weekend on a different charger (very similar battery levels before I started). Any ideas why this should happen?

At the moment the barrier is out of order, so no need to get your ticket validated.

The cafe confirmed that they will authorise your parking ticket even if you only buy a small coffee! Bargain.

Hope this helps someone,

Matthew

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
The cafe confirmed that they will authorise your parking ticket even if you only buy a small coffee! Bargain.
IKEA family members get free coffee/tea, so does that mean you can get it all FOR FREE? Nice.

I do this in Milton Keynes sometimes, but to be honest I usually end up buying a milkshake because they're so lovely. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts