Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,081 Posts
Just checking if i need a card from ecotricity to use the rapid charger at Ikea Milton Keynes, or does Ikea lend it if you do not have one.
Ecotricity card required. It was down last time I checked though, so be sure to confirm before heading out.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Ecotricity card required. It was down last time I checked though, so be sure to confirm before heading out.
Indeed, Ecotricity tweeted that it was offline a couple of days ago.
You could always use the rapid at Glyn Hopkins, the Nissan dealer, just a couple of minutes away. That one doesn't need a card, and was working fine this morning.

Reactions: Aftab Ahmed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, Rapid chargers do seem a bit flaky. A new Rapid Charger installed a few months ago at BMW in Cambourne (CB23) has never worked. I phone Nissan in Peterborough and that was not working either.
I took delivery of my Leaf a week a go and I am really enjoying it. Getting British
Gas to fit my home charging unit is proving a bit of a challenge, no one turns up at the arranged time. I will ask someone else now.

·
Premium Member
12,081 Posts
Sometimes they will work on other networks, but generally speaking they don't. Most Ecotricy rapids now seem to accept Charge Your Car (@CYC) although not sure if that works the other way, and sometimes the various "source" regional cars will work on rapids in their region I believe. It's a bit messy just now for sure!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the replies, Rapid chargers do seem a bit flaky. A new Rapid Charger installed a few months ago at BMW in Cambourne (CB23) has never worked. I phone Nissan in Peterborough and that was not working either.
I took delivery of my Leaf a week a go and I am really enjoying it. Getting British
Gas to fit my home charging unit is proving a bit of a challenge, no one turns up at the arranged time. I will ask someone else now.
We spent three weeks chasing British Gas to even return our initial call. Gave in eventually and went with Pod Point. (Still waiting...)

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
We spent three weeks chasing British Gas to even return our initial call. Gave in eventually and went with Pod Point. (Still waiting...)

There are a bunch of companies who will happily install a charging unit for you!

The Phoenix Works are on this forum as are a few others. Mine came direct from Chargemaster who were excellent in getting it in

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I have a source east card, so is the idea we have to have all those different cards for the different providers. They are not compatible with each other?

Yes - you're likely to want to get a few cards. This will depend on where you want to charge

If you want to use the IKEA chargers & other Ecotricity then you'll need ElecHighway, CYC or Source London. Of these three ElecHighway card is free so try that one

Nationally Chargemaster has a fair number of chargers - many (ie. ASDA & Waitrose) are free. You need to register £20 at Polarinstant.com and use the iPhone app or the RFID they send you

In 6500 miles these are the only cards that I've used but also have a CYC card.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.