Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
The best there is at what I do
10,482 Posts
McDonald's Car parks are mostly too small. Too much lost business.

It is a three-way intractable conflict;-
1) If you have customers with a dwell time of 30 minutes or less and you are packed at peak times, you don't want them there for up to an hour.
2) If you have customers with a dwell time of 30 minutes or more you don't want to hassle them with a 'move it after 30 min' clause
3) If you put in slower chargers you will lose the throughput of customers based on a business model of high flow rate.

There's a few out of town ones that would be viable, but mostly it wouldn't work.
We have an out of town McDonalds with a Pod Point charger and two bays marked up for EV charging use, the car park is far to small and at certain times of the day is rammed so it's inevitable that the charge bays are ICE'd, one of the staff seems to be using one as a personal parking space for his moped.

McDonalds is a fast food restaurant and they don't want people dwelling for a long time, my last few visits have resulted in sending the food back because it was cold.

·
Registered
300 Posts
You did well. The £6 is historical and no longer applies. When EcoT started charging for charging it was £6 per 30 minutes regardless of amount taken (mainly to prevent PHEV using the pumps). This caused a lot of anger and the amount was adjusted. There's been two changes since then and now it is 30 (35?)p per kWh. So your bill was correct and the refund offered was correct.
Electric vehicle charging - IKEA

·
10,482 Posts
I think Ikea just wanted to provide their customers with a free charge so they should just deduct the amount on your receipt from EcoT, that seems fair.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Ikea Wembley just takes off £6 of your shopping ( at the till and seeing your email receipt) regardless how much the charge was costing . Couple days ago had £2.37 on old leaf and got £6 discount . Today charging 40kw Leaf , from nearly empty so guessing it will be well over £6 . Awaiting type 2 home charger installation:)

·
10,482 Posts
Ikea Wembley just takes off £6 of your shopping ( at the till and seeing your email receipt) regardless how much the charge was costing . Couple days ago had £2.37 on old leaf and got £6 discount . Today charging 40kw Leaf , from nearly empty so guessing it will be well over £6 . Awaiting type 2 home charger installation:)
My last EH receipt at Ikea was only just over £2 (EcoT customer) just showed them my receipt on my phone and they scan a bar code to get a £6 discount, seems very odd but I'm not complaining.:)

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
My last EH receipt at Ikea was only just over £2 (EcoT customer) just showed them my receipt on my phone and they scan a bar code to get a £6 discount, seems very odd but I'm not complaining.:)
It's nice of Ikea to subsidise our cost .
Today my bill was £8.70 for 29kwh and they did £6 scan code so left with £2.70 but I am not complaining as with other car its always well bellow £6 .And great price for 29kwh :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
After Ikea implemented a £6 fee I decided I'll try their discount policy. I red their rules and offer as well as T&C from their website to know where I stand.
After I've done my shopping (Christmas tree) to my surprise the discount have not been applied by till man as requested. After speaking to several till staff, team leaders etc. it ended up my purchase was not qualified for the discount.
So there you go if you want a Christmas tree you won't get £6 discount because the shop staff knows better even when there is no mention in their T&C about Christmas trees being excluded from it. :(
After Ikea implemented a £6 fee I decided I'll try their discount policy. I red their rules and offer as well as T&C from their website to know where I stand.
After I've done my shopping (Christmas tree) to my surprise the discount have not been applied by till man as requested. After speaking to several till staff, team leaders etc. it ended up my purchase was not qualified for the discount.
So there you go if you want a Christmas tree you won't get £6 discount because the shop staff knows better even when there is no mention in their T&C about Christmas trees being excluded from it. :(
IKEA have just stopped doing the £6 discount for having shown a receipt for charging at an ecotricity charger.6th September 2019.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
23,001 Posts
So, how does one take advantage of a charge without paying a parking fee?

·
Registered
634 Posts
I've not seen an Ikea that charges to park so you just rock up and charge as normal, now the £6 discount has been discontinued the chargers might not be used as much.
Ours does unfortunately (Southampton). I think there's only two in the country that do. It's because it's right next to a shopping centre, and if they didn't charge for parking, people would just skip the shopping centre multi-story and fill up IKEA, which is fair enough I suppose. I just won't be using the charger anymore. There's a fair selection of Rapids and destinations in Southampton now.

EDIT: Apparently it's Southampton, Coventry and Greenwich - you have to pay for parking but get 3 hours free if you spend X amount in store etc.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts
About this Discussion
93 Replies
38 Participants
dkelly84
Speak EV - Electric Car Forums
A community for enthusiasts of all makes and models of EV from BMW to Tesla, Renault, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more. Join the electrifying discussion today!
Full Forum Listing