Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is what a drunken scumbag did to my wife's Zoe this morning as she drove to her job as a nurse. He tried to wave her down and when she drove past he swung his bag of booze at her rear NS window. She was very upset but unhurt. Oh and the dashcam was not working at the time :rolleyes:
She is already going through hell as her mum has stage four ovarian cancer and then had a stroke which has left her with no right side movement and unable to speak.
Still waiting for the police to come see us :sleep:
IMG_20200101_101027936.jpg

·
Premium Member
11,017 Posts
Crazy idiot. Thanks goodness there wasn't a baby in back - he would not have known with the privacy glass. Hopefully there will be CCTV in the area as they need to catch him.

Reactions: Mo1

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,405 Posts
January 1st. And immediately the idiots are out again. Sorry to hear mate, and all the best. Don't loose your trust (or let her if you can).

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to hear that.

You may find your insurer will cover this without affecting NCD.
Yeah thanks did wonder if it would as we have protected NC on her car, however I have ordered a replacement window from an Ebay scrappie as it was only £22, I did this in the hope it is delivered quick so we can get it back on the road as she needs it to get up to hospital to visit her mum daily.

Reactions: yoh-there

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Crazy idiot. Thanks goodness there wasn't a baby in back - he would not have known with the privacy glass. Hopefully there will be CCTV in the area as they need to catch him.
Son put the incident on FB and apparently a guy was lifted for walking in front of cars trying to stop them in same area, hope we can prove its him if indeed it was.

Anyone in the rear seat would of been injured as that lemonade bottle and the broken spirit bottle came through the window with force, there's glass all over the car including the dash and the cars stinking with god knows what spirit.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
January 1st. And immediately the idiots are out again. Sorry to hear mate, and all the best. Don't loose your trust (or let her if you can).
Thanks @yoh-there we know its just a case of that one bad apple in the barrel, it makes your blood boil for a nut job like that to attack a 65yo woman's car on her way to do her job, to hear how distressed she was when she phoned me was awful.

Anyways Happy New year to you guys ……… and don't drink too much ;)

·
Registered
15,801 Posts
Glad to hear no-one was injured.

Do document everything well and try and write down everything that happened. The police will get over to you eventually and it's important they have evidence if they are going to do anything about this guy.

We had a not do dissimilar incident two Christmas' back and it took a year for the court to resolve it. Happily they gave the offender 150 hours or so of community service.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, yeah that's the most important thing my wife was uninjured.

·
Speak, Eevee!
1,316 Posts
Ouch, nasty, glad no one was hurt.

Hope the year goes better than it started

·
Registered
503 Posts
Glad no-one was injured, and I hope your wife gets over the shock, there are a lot more good people about than bad. It's so frustrating when this sort of thing happens but hopefully her Zoe will get repaired without too much bother (y)

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Replacement window from ebay arrived today, hopefully get it fitted over the weekend, if all goes well not to bad at £22 for replacement (y)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Ah geez, why in general we don't label alcohol as poison puzzles me... This is a philosophical discussion, not for this forum. Wishing your wife a quick recovery from the distress. A window you can replace it, but such an event can affect someone emotionally for a long period of time (developing neuroses).

This reminds me, slightly, of an event a year ago in which a gang of drunken guys smashed windows and mirrors on all cars on a few streets where I live; my Zoe got only the mirror treatment, but those with expensive cars were not that amused at all. Police never identified the guys. I was up during the night, but to me it sounded more like smashing bottles of beer/wine on the sidewalk (not uncommon in some wild parts of Germany) and some shouts. So NYE is from then on spent always away from this town - talking about neuroses.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The good news is the police lifted a guy that was walking out in front of cars in the same area and obviously think its likely the same guy, they took the lemonade bottle which came through the window for fingerprints to see if his prints are on it.

It took me over 2 hrs with a powerful hoover to get the glass cleaned up and with help from my sons the ebay window is now fitted.

My wife is a strong person and has quickly put this out of her thoughts. She has bigger issues anyway with her mothers condition, Thanks all for your comments and I'll let you know if the guy gets what he deserves (y)

·
Zoe Devotee
8,939 Posts
@Mo1 thoughts with you and family. Some fannies our there alright.

Reactions: Mo1

·
Registered
192 Posts
Not nice - I had my wife's car (Fiat Punto) broken into a few years ago. Was still finding bits of glass years later.

Our neighbour was feeding their kid, looked out the window and saw the guy doing it. We went out, he left (after threatening us a few times with his screwdriver) and we saw which nearby flat he went into with someone shouting his name to get in quick...
The police didn't quite catch him immediately, but we were able to pick him out of a photo line up the next night (he was well known - the cops recognised his name). Pled guilty for theft & threatening behaviour, was given a short custodial sentence. Insurance company paid for the window, and got money back off him again to cover the cost (I was told) so didn't affect our NCB.

All he got out of the car were a bunch of cassette tapes and a small mag light, which the police recovered. What a waste.

·
Registered
15,801 Posts
Our neighbour was feeding their kid, looked out the window and saw the guy doing it. We went out, he left (after threatening us a few times with his screwdriver) and we saw which nearby flat he went into with someone shouting his name to get in quick...
They're often not the brightest and will try and rob on their own turf like that.

Numpties.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Reactions: Sandy

·
Zoe Devotee
8,939 Posts
Cheers @Sandy Not heard from police yet but here's hoping they can pin this on the [email protected] that was lifted.

Now you've got your day in court to look forward to. Plus they'll probably not turn up to court, so then an arrest warrant is issued again and you get to go back to court again, and then after loads of waiting you'll be dismissed because their lawyer has convinced them to plead guilty.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts